Dear Emotionally Imbalanced Adult Learner Who Kicked His Softtop At Me Last Night

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Thank you. My Virginia Beach surf life is officially too farcical to continue. Knee high burgers with 50 bros has officially become nerfy bloodsport, so Ima learn pickleball or macrame instead. Stoke level should be about the same.

Heading to the library for some BF Skinner texts.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
I mean any surfing I did was purely out of necessity -- expectations always set. But no where in the world are the waves less serious but the bros more serious than VB. As soon as kids are out of HS, I'm out.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
this was a particularly dismal year and half of surf. Only a few years ago, it seemed there were fun to even great days at least several times a month. Now it seems like a few times per season. hopefully that pattern changes. a good 30-45 day run of tropical surf starting in late August would be nice, like back in 2016 or whenever that last happened

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
This gives me the most excellent idea of paddling out with a nerf gun on my back with a belt of dart ammo a-la Rambo status.

never thought of shooting foam darts at the dingbats dropping in on their foam boards. poetic justice.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
this was a particularly dismal year and half of surf. Only a few years ago, it seemed there were fun to even great days at least several times a month. Now it seems like a few times per season. hopefully that pattern changes. a good 30-45 day run of tropical surf starting in late August would be nice, like back in 2016 or whenever that last happened
Glad I am not only one noticing this, thought I was going batty,

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Yeah, I can't remember the last time I felt like I got surf-trip waves at home. Or even in the OBX.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Thank you. My Virginia Beach surf life is officially too farcical to continue. Knee high burgers with 50 bros has officially become nerfy bloodsport, so Ima learn pickleball or macrame instead. Stoke level should be about the same.

No one asked the most important question.

Did you drop in on him??? If so, I’d say he’s learning his lessons well. Did his board hit you? Maybe he needs to work on his aim.

Reactions: Boneroni

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA

I told you I was sorry! WTF did you have to post this here for?

Hey life on mars.... we get it, the east coast has no consistent surf, why you need to point that out over and over again is beyond me. we all make choices, some stay, some go. We arent' complaining about the lack of east coast surf or how crowded california is or how everyone has moved to hawaii . We surf the best spot we have access to, lighten up and have a little fun with what you can.