*** Official Fin Thread ***

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
That EN fin looks really good. Do you have a favorite out of all of them?
EN are big and too stiff (giggity) for me in most boards so far.

Favorites are probably the TA Twin and Album NVS which are very similar. I also like the Fascination twins in my long twins. I rode the Stretch twins in my Twinsman for the first time in a long time recently and they felt so weird at first but I ultimately had a pretty fun session so I wanna try them again. They are super short and upright compared to most other twins. I also have a T1's and AMT's which are loaned out at the moment.

Never seen those JS twins before
They just came out I think. Designed for the Black Baron I believe. They also have a JS Keel designed for the Red Baron in same construction. Fit and finish seems good. I think in the right board they will be good but in the Twinsman they felt similar to EN's. Big. Good hold and drive but lost some of the fun twinny looseness.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
What is the cant like on the TA's and NVS Albums? It surprised me how much less cant the NVS TK twins I got have. Still haven't had a chance to test them because I've been getting crushed at work. Hopefully test driving this weekend.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
What is the cant like on the TA's and NVS Albums? It surprised me how much less cant the NVS TK twins I got have. Still haven't had a chance to test them because I've been getting crushed at work. Hopefully test driving this weekend.
I'm not sure and can't check at the moment. I think they are similar though and fairly "normal" as opposed to the EN which are low and Drab which have a lot of cant.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I went through and compared all of the twins I have and if I recall EN's were one of the more upright fins. I can't remember all the numbers though.

I will try to revisit this when I'm back home. I think the variation in cant angles among twin fins is interesting and perhaps a little underappreciated. Like, thrusters don't seem to vary that much but futures twins have a pretty wide range.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Riding MR twin plus trailer made some crazy sections, but with the twin I really have to be more decisive?
Im used to the spontaneity of thruster when making last minute beach break changes on waves.

Anyone have any experiences with this?
Two or three end sections I ended up doing a floater or light rentry when I wanted to drop the hammer on a snap or slidey carve,

That or this fish is slightly wider than I like and that combined w fin size has me really having to think about getting it sidwayz

Yes im back in the office slamming coffee and neurotically analyzing my surfing

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
The guy that one the event was riding a quad set of the FCS II H4 fins! Pretty interesting if you think about it....

The #LaminarFlow is real! :cool:

The Krypt Powerdrive fins are the real deal tho. I would love to see a pro ride a set and see how it improves their surfing.

IMG_5441.PNG

• Haha
Reactions: Hazrus

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Riding MR twin plus trailer made some crazy sections, but with the twin I really have to be more decisive?
Im used to the spontaneity of thruster when making last minute beach break changes on waves.

Anyone have any experiences with this?
Two or three end sections I ended up doing a floater or light rentry when I wanted to drop the hammer on a snap or slidey carve,

That or this fish is slightly wider than I like and that combined w fin size has me really having to think about getting it sidwayz

Yes im back in the office slamming coffee and neurotically analyzing my surfing
Yes my AO I run the TA twin set which is TA take on MR template in fiberglass. Take a different line aggressive approach once you embrace just as good feeling. First you need to remove training wheel. Then try doing a huge carve over or under close out section instead of floating it:shaka:

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Not an official fin review yet, but I did get to ride the NVS Knox twin today. It was windy n wild, not exactly ideal for evaluating a fin as my fish does not love those conditions and there wasn't a ton of open face. The twang of the G10 feels good when I got the chance to load them up. I don't know how to describe it, but I think I can really feel how much thinner foiled they are than my EN's. Could be in my head though. Got a few turns they felt good in on my last wave but overall it was so funky out there that I am reserving judgement for the time being.

Reactions: Aruka and jkb