Yoga Teacher Jessamyn Stanley Believes White Supremacy Has Polluted Yoga - and It's Time to Talk About It.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The breathing and stretching part makes a sh!t ton of sense. It can only be good for you. It loses me with the chakras and the chanting and the namaste crap.

And the hot girls for sure. Also the farting, I’m the guy in the back giggling like a 6yr old every time a hot chick farts in yoga class.
No chanting or chakras and there’s music playing so I haven’t heard any farts. They do say namaste at the end though. Whatever…

There‘s a fair bit of body weight strength positions incorporated in the movements. The first few session wiped me out. Body is more used to it now so it’s just a good workout at this point.

Definitely has helped my jiu jitsu already.

Reactions: afoaf

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
No chanting or chakras and there’s music playing so I haven’t heard any farts. They do say namaste at the end though. Whatever…

There‘s a fair bit of body weight strength positions incorporated in the movements. The first few session wiped me out. Body is more used to it now so it’s just a good workout at this point.

Definitely has helped my jiu jitsu already.
I feel like by nature Yoga is easier for women who mostly carry less body weight and have more flexibility. I’ve seen fit guys look like total chumps attempting yoga for the first time while these skinny little nymphs do it like its no big deal. I could really use yoga on a regular basis. My flexibility is going to sh!t Lately.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
The breathing and stretching part makes a sh!t ton of sense. It can only be good for you. It loses me with the chakras and the chanting and the namaste crap.
Yup, me too. I can find enlightenment elsewhere, I just like that limber feeling that breathing and stretching gives you. I like this one's delivery - tho I can't recall her name atm - she's got a bunch of vids out there that I somehow acquired over the years, and they're pretty concise , with minimal nonsense.
Screenshot_20210610-233953.png