The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Sorry for your troubles but no way hell $950 for suit I could yolo a album twin for a little more:socrazy: My new 'bong 4/3 furnace with hood half that price fits great (same as o'neil sizes), warm, flexible, and dries faster then my 3mm hyperfreak comp no inner liner:shaka:
The Furnace suits I saw in person looked great - appeared to be the best quality of any OTR suit I've seen - love to know how yours is holding up after a season.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
The Furnace suits I saw in person looked great - appeared to be the best quality of any OTR suit I've seen - love to know how yours is holding up after a season.
It was a short season only got 2 sessions in because I ordered late "April" and h20 went up to 56 from 51 and then back down and now up again since. The furnace uses all the best qualities of other suits to combine a really flexible suit for 4/3, super warm tested at 51 with 10-20mph winds Gaviota coast, and dries fast.

Mar 2, 2019
That sucks.

No experience with their suits personally, but yeah some of their cuts look, um, intentionally big. See videos/photos below:

http://instagr.am/p/CN3NOTiH6op/ http://instagr.am/p/CNoX1knHdqw/ WTF
http://instagr.am/p/CNP62BjHovT/ http://instagr.am/p/CNFGQCdnkuj/
Does AXXE have two types of cuts? Because some of their suits def do not look like that sort of fit.

Also, it seems like a really bad idea to have someone measure who hasn't been trained to do so.
Wish Axxe had shown me these clips. Brad looks ok, CJ is ok in one, and the other looks closer to what I got. Chris' looks like a drysuit on the top. In regards to comments about spending so much, normally no way. But the surf was really good this year, nothing in my size anywhere, holes in my suits, and I bought into the whole "premium" and "custom" snake oil....

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Wish Axxe had shown me these clips. Brad looks ok, CJ is ok in one, and the other looks closer to what I got. Chris' looks like a drysuit on the top. In regards to comments about spending so much, normally no way. But the surf was really good this year, nothing in my size anywhere, holes in my suits, and I bought into the whole "premium" and "custom" snake oil....
I am not sure where you live and if a suit is life and limb ie: right coast or NW Pacific coast but I would rather go out with new board and holey leaky suit:shaka: and besides cleanline had good supply of suits during pandemic:shrug:

Mar 2, 2019
I am not sure where you live and if a suit is life and limb ie: right coast or NW Pacific coast but I would rather go out with new board and holey leaky suit:shaka: and besides cleanline had good supply of suits during pandemic:shrug:
SF Bay Area. Water was 48-50 this spring. Holey board, new wetsuit for me! Tried on a Cleanline suit, but the fit wasn't right. Good shop. They, and everyone else were out of Oneill Psychotechs, which seem to fit me well now. I double duty my surf suits in Spring, kitesurfing, so having some smooth on the chest and back really helps. I hope Oneill makes a 4/3 hooded Pschotech. It would make for the perfect Santa Cruz to OB suit. The Hyperfreak is cold in the wind, not warm enough for winter OB, and doesn't last.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
SF Bay Area. Water was 48-50 this spring. Holey board, new wetsuit for me! Tried on a Cleanline suit, but the fit wasn't right. Good shop. They, and everyone else were out of Oneill Psychotechs, which seem to fit me well now. I double duty my surf suits in Spring, kitesurfing, so having some smooth on the chest and back really helps. I hope Oneill makes a 4/3 hooded Pschotech. It would make for the perfect Santa Cruz to OB suit. The Hyperfreak is cold in the wind, not warm enough for winter OB, and doesn't last.
I am not going to get into smoothie better argument but do know liner helps me more in wind and here on Gaviota coast 12+mph hyperfreak 3mm comp gets cold but new furnace is warm at 51 and 15+mph winds even was out at 30mph :shaka:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
$699.00 for a 1mm Quiksilver wetsuit, specifically tailored for goofy footers (with the arm opening on the left arm) so that when you fall you dont get flushing.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Another over priced insanity!! The inflation is real.

What market are they after with 1mm full suit? Here in So CA during Summer most wear 4/3 and booties. Do people go to tropical reefs and wear 1mm full for protection from reef and/or sun and if so why black?

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego

$750

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

$750
"Each suit is put together by hand one at a time, creating a water-tight seam that eliminates the need for stiff interior tape."

@feralseppo So much for my claims "not holding water" lol

ckupczynski1

OTF status
Oct 14, 2009
Bought 2 suits to try but ended up keeping both.

O’Neil Hyperfreak zip free comp 3/2.
This suit is the most comfortable suit I put on. It’s like wearing pajamas and is so buttery I have no restrictions whatsoever. This suit maxes out at around 62 temps though and if there’s wind you’ll be feeling it. Great spring to fall suit.

2nd suit is a feral 3/2.
Feels real good and buttery as well. Definitely warmer but not as free as the hyper freak. Holding on to this for November