Album Surfboards

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
$45 dollars for a shirt is insanity.
Agreed, but I'm a t-shirt weirdo. I sometimes get shirts made through the custom sites using artwork from small boutique companies I like (usually guitar pedal companies) where they'll let me use their camera-ready artwork/logo. Those end up costing around $30 if I use a decent t-shirt blank, so $45 isn't that big a jump.

My 14 year old is reaping the rewards of my t-shirt excesses as it seems the cool kids want to look like they're homeless with oversized everything. She's been rocking my enviable indie rock band t-shirt collection amassed over 30 years. I'm constantly telling her that she's complained about how bad the music is from whatever band shirt she's wearing. Yesterday it was an old Pavement shirt (the Peavey amp font one) from 1992's Slanted and Enchanted tour.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
A friend of my wife's friend who is 24 or so is running a "curated" thrift store and I've seen multiple local band shirts that I own from the 00's pop up and sell for more than it cost new. What a trip. I guess I'm sitting a gold mine, it even seems like shirts that are so faded they've changed colors are desirable.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I have a few skate shirts and band shirts that my wife has shrunk, that i still hold onto as well. I was thinking about framing 1 or 2... or is that weird??

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
yes, but not as weird as all your signed and framed Tomo memorabilia.
People frame Jersey's all the time (Slater, Parko, Fanning, Jordan, Koby, Shaq, etc.). The one and only time Tomo has ever been in a shaping competition, wearing what is essentially a jersey, at a shaping event that i attended... and he autographed it.

Thats pretty freakin cool! That is frame-worthy IMO.

Bassy was shocked when he found out he gave it to me. He said "He gave that to you!? Those things cost me $60 bucks!" :LOL:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
People frame Jersey's all the time (Slater, Parko, Fanning, Jordan, Koby, Shaq, etc.). The one and only time Tomo has ever been in a shaping competition, wearing what is essentially a jersey, at a shaping event that i attended... and he autographed it.

Thats pretty freakin cool! That is frame-worthy IMO.

Bassy was shocked when he found out he gave it to me. He said "He gave that to you!? Those things cost me $60 bucks!" :LOL:
What the hell you actually have a signed Tomo jersey???

I was just kidding around.

If you are trolling me, well freaking done my man.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Agreed, but I'm a t-shirt weirdo. I sometimes get shirts made through the custom sites using artwork from small boutique companies I like (usually guitar pedal companies) where they'll let me use their camera-ready artwork/logo. Those end up costing around $30 if I use a decent t-shirt blank, so $45 isn't that big a jump.

My 14 year old is reaping the rewards of my t-shirt excesses as it seems the cool kids want to look like they're homeless with oversized everything. She's been rocking my enviable indie rock band t-shirt collection amassed over 30 years. I'm constantly telling her that she's complained about how bad the music is from whatever band shirt she's wearing. Yesterday it was an old Pavement shirt (the Peavey amp font one) from 1992's Slanted and Enchanted tour.
pavement was such a good band!

HSY

OTF status
Aug 15, 2011

PAVEMENT! One of my all time favorite bands. Didn't catch them until one of their later tours when there was a lot of infighting. Show ended with Spiral Stairs angrily walking off of the stage over a joke Malkmus made about one of his songs.

Also, my 15 year old daughter is also stealing my old T-shirts.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Nope. Whatever floats your boat… but jeez, I don’t think you’re going to find many adult surfers who think that’s a cool idea. Sorry but that’s just an incomprehensibly odd choice to most of us.
Too bad nobody thought to save one of his heat-worn ASP jerseys from his QS days!

Last edited: