Hawaii- Done

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I'm envisioning a future Hawaii here where there's thousands and thousands of residents like this guy taking up the land in obscene double digit million dollar mansions living here with something like this as their only occupation/contribution to society (youtube/online influencer).
What will we be become?
Feels like some SciFi movie.

Or maybe this is just what's become of Maui, Lanikai and parts of Kauai and the Big Island.
I'm glad I live in a ghetto
At least like others have said this kid is producing actual content (makeup tutorials).

As far as wealthy youtubers and influencers, it seems to me they’re the exception not the rule. Same goes for Onlyfans. Especially if you consider that even if you do make it big, you’re probably not going to have a long run. There’s a lot of competition due to the whole no barrier to entry thing and the YouTube/ influencer world is full of people trying to destroy each other’s careers.

Finally I couldn’t agree with you more about all the conspicuous consumption and flaunting of wealth that goes on and somehow has become socially acceptable.

I blame the Kardashians but the seeds were sown in part much earlier (Lifestyles of Rich and Famous, MTV Cribs, etc).

Reactions: Boneroni

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Finally I couldn’t agree with you more about all the conspicuous consumption and flaunting of wealth that goes on and somehow has become socially acceptable.
This is something that blows my mind. To think our elders used to shake their heads and wag their fingers at us(I not Hawaii).

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Ostentatious displays of wealth used to be though of as crass and gauche, and were frowned upon - if you had bucks don't flaunt it. That's actually one area where the "good old days" were actually pretty good.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Ostentatious displays of wealth used to be though of as crass and gauche, and were frowned upon - if you had bucks don't flaunt it. That's actually one area where the "good old days" were actually pretty good.
I dunno if that’s true though.

Cause if you go to Newport Rhode Island you got mansions that are so over the top and ridiculous that we’re built in the 1800s strictly as summer homes

Reactions: Mr Doof

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I dunno if that’s true though.

Cause if you go to Newport Rhode Island you got mansions that are so over the top and ridiculous that we’re built in the 1800s strictly as summer homes
RI is part of Hawaii? Wait a cotton picking minute... Hawaii just might be in fact, Done.

:shrug::crazy2::shameonyou::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
Full on zoo on NS again today. Can't these swells show up on a work day? :ROFLMAO:
Tuesday was the best off season session I've ever had. The swell was near DOH, the winds stayed nice all day and no crowds. I've given up trying to predict crowd size, it was a beautiful day and it was as user friendly as it gets at that size but the crowd peaked at about 8 guys where I was at. The traffic is back to normal meaning that it sucks although crossing the road and pulling out of the parking lot is easy when the traffic isn't moving.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Some of my riding buddies cautiously approched the DLNR about riding the Pupukea land they purchased around 15 years ago

They agreed as long as we rode only existing trails

New trails were made , kinda knowing they would never check

It was kept on the down low

Then a newer group started riding there , wooden features were built , huge jumps and drop offs all over .

They posted lots of videos

They felt it was their right to be there

Parking hassles with the neighborhood ending with lawyers = 0 respect for what they have been allowed in the first place

Now the DLNR has seen these videos and came out and found the jump line Urban Legend and want it removed .

Lots of talk of Lawyering Up !!

Now more rational riders are working with the state

So many more trails like this built with no permission up there

The riders have gone radio silent on their Facebook page

Could be the end - 1,000's of hours of trail building gone

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Tuesday was the best off season session I've ever had. The swell was near DOH, the winds stayed nice all day and no crowds. I've given up trying to predict crowd size, it was a beautiful day and it was as user friendly as it gets at that size but the crowd peaked at about 8 guys where I was at. The traffic is back to normal meaning that it sucks although crossing the road and pulling out of the parking lot is easy when the traffic isn't moving.
Same. Three hours at Rocky Rights. Four to five guys. One of my best sessions in a long time.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Nobody cares what some washed up hippy living on the other side of the world thinks of Hawaii. You’re a transplant kook who runs away from his debts like a scared little kid. Trust us, we know the type.
Ventura is only about twenty-five hundred miles from Hawaii. Perhaps you should take a geography class, Professor, or partake less of the local herb.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
The last time I was on Oahu was 2018 - waves were quite fun - I don't surf pipe or sunset - where i did surf was manageable and overall a great experience - similar to Kauai / Maui on other visits. I know that this is an insignificant data point in the context of Hawaii is done - but the place seemed great to me.

Best thing I saw was a guy surfing small but breaking Waimea on a wavestorm (not famous guy), solo, while I bodysurfed the shorebreak. Great times.

Reactions: youcantbeserious

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
Likely was Kai Hall, lifeguard at the Bay and always charging on the Wavestorm even when it breaks on the ledge haha
was his dad a big time lifeguard/shaper too?
I have a couple countrysurfboard miniguns shaped for sunset by a shaper named hall who supposidly guarded on the northshore and elsewhere back in the day. I thought it was this hawaiian guy who used to guard whiteplains/officers in the80's 90's before Max Mederios took over the slot.

Been laid out flat since monday with severe vertigo. Seems to be a recurring issue with me these past years and I attribute it for not surfing and getting that healing saltwater stuck in my ear to clean things out. My inner ears are telling me I need some severe flushing.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Nobody cares what some washed up hippy living on the other side of the world thinks of Hawaii. You’re a transplant kook who runs away from his debts like a scared little kid. Trust us, we know the type.
Yeah, I know the type all too well too.

By the way, I 'cast the line' for the post directly above, G.G.

Butt, trolling works that way I guess, you cast for 'one fish' and in the end 'another' bites the bait.

:computer::shrug:

south-park-s20e09c14-troll-the-entire-world_16x9.jpg

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey: