Innzid
Anyone give this a go?

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Anyone give this a go?

those waves didn't look very good so that could be part of it but it appeared a bit rockered out or something? i wasn't seeing the trim speed i would like to see from a long twin.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Just stumbled across this MC Twin Pin (groveler?), doesn't speak to me personally necessarily.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had a chance to ride my standard MC Twin Pin a couple times now and it's good fun for sure. Had some zippy waist-high shallow reef runners and some funky less lined up HH reef. All frontside so far. In the cleaner surf, it thrust (honestly in a unique way hard to describe) down the line and yet free in the tail for down-the-line mini snaps for a 7'1". The curvier small reef day was the best, although it felt great in the HH surf those waves required quicker adjustments rather than the open face carve or downturns that the board it seems would be best at. Can't really comment on the Reverse Vee yet but down the line, the board felt rigid and drivey upfront and loose in the tail, both in a good way.

Reactions: jkb

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a custom MC Twin Pin in either 6'7 or 6'9. Been circling around some sort of twin pin and saw a 6'11 in Patagonia in Cardiff and it looked really nice but a little big for me. That diamond tail version above doesn't really look great to me.

I'm between the MC or possibly the new CI Twin Pin in more like 5'11. Saw a couple of these in Katin and they look pretty sweet as well. Just not sure if a mid 6 foot board makes sense or I want something shorter for the punchy beach break I usually surf. Been addicted to my 7'0 egg so thought a shorter MC twin pin might be a nice alternative for punchier waves where the egg doesn't really fit.

Reactions: Bman76 and chilly1

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
For what it's worth the Mc is a lot narrower in the tail than it looks so it will fit curves better than most eggs, I would think (no eggs here, yet). Also unless things have changed MC hasn't or at least hadn't been around to do customs in the US so those are Timmy Paterson shapes...which actually is a pretty nice twist. Mine is shaped by MC as a stock board, not sure who wrote my name on it.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a custom MC Twin Pin in either 6'7 or 6'9. Been circling around some sort of twin pin and saw a 6'11 in Patagonia in Cardiff and it looked really nice but a little big for me. That diamond tail version above doesn't really look great to me.
Check your messages...

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Just stumbled across this MC Twin Pin (groveler?), doesn't speak to me personally necessarily.

" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had a chance to ride my standard MC Twin Pin a couple times now and it's good fun for sure. Had some zippy waist-high shallow reef runners and some funky less lined up HH reef. All frontside so far. In the cleaner surf, it thrust (honestly in a unique way hard to describe) down the line and yet free in the tail for down-the-line mini snaps for a 7'1". The curvier small reef day was the best, although it felt great in the HH surf those waves required quicker adjustments rather than the open face carve or downturns that the board it seems would be best at. Can't really comment on the Reverse Vee yet but down the line, the board felt rigid and drivey upfront and loose in the tail, both in a good way.
All that marketing talk Goes against every thing I know .

I hope EVERYONE FOLLOWS THOSE WORDS . ;-)

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Has anybody tried a set of lovelace piggy backs ?or some kind of fin in between upright and keels? Feels like my stussy twins lack drive and could use more base but dont want that tracky feel with a 15“ tail
I’ve tried them on a fish and on a performance twin fin and I just couldn’t get them hold/drive/turn...anything.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
If watching Torren surf his twins inspired me to try the design, the surfing in that video makes me want to run away from it.

I was seriously thinking of trying a diamond tail. I've heard the diamond shortens the rail line so the board feels a little shorter. I haven't ridden a diamond since the 1970's, so I really don't know.

Couldn't they find a better surfer to show off the strengths of the design?

Reactions: rts265 and Bman76

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
If watching Torren surf his twins inspired me to try the design, the surfing in that video makes me want to run away from it.

I was seriously thinking of trying a diamond tail. I've heard the diamond shortens the rail line so the board feels a little shorter. I haven't ridden a diamond since the 1970's, so I really don't know.

those 2 guys were the most average surfers ever

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
No, you can't!

If you get a pro to ride it, they're un-relatable and could ride anything.

If you get someone that sucks - well, they suck and since the board didn't make them rip, the board sucks too.

If you get someone in between, you get the Kale Brock vs Noel Salas thread :toilet: