*** OFFICIAL RELIGION THREAD ***

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
We are each so atomically numerous and so vigorously recycled at death that a significant number of our atoms—up to a billion for each of us, it has been suggested—probably once belonged to Shakespeare.

-Bill Bryson

That's why you burry your pets near the fruit trees or in the garden.

By now, I should have the powers of:

ducks
turtles
fish
cats
dogs
mice
guinea pigs
hamsters
rats
birds
and some wee beasties likes skunks, raccoons, opossums

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I wrote a song about a super hero called "Possum Man"

His super power was he could play dead.
Me too, but his superpower was that he could stuff unlimited items in his pouch. Cars, buildings, people, whales, you name it.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Why do people leave off the super powered immune system for (gender neutral) 'Possum Person'.

'They are the one of the best heroes to put up against 'Team Germ", "Scorpion King", "Plague", "Vector", one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Batman/Batwoman/Batboy/Batgirl, spoiled food, The Tick, and well, any disease carrying superpowered jerkwad.

1620929513819.png

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Hi I'm Muhammad Hashem and I want to be murdered when I leave this set!

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
religion is just something to hide behind. you can rape children and fire missiles all in the name of Allah Christ :shameonyou:
enjoy your time here because it's all that you'll ever get in this life or the next :monkey:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Religion can also be a nationality.

Just look at the "Israeli People's".

Whoops, sorry, politics to the politics forum.

Butt, they do go with Religion = Nationality bit a bit much, yes?

My 'favorite' is when they blame Palestinians for placing their tunnels under civilian buildings, "thus causing" civilian casualties when they bomb them. :monkey:

Yeah, Religion is a Biotch!

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Hmm, had not thought of this possible problem before.

News story item link

teaser:

Christy was raised like a lot of conservative Christian and evangelical girls in the 1990s. She was in high school when author and former pastor Joshua Harris published I Kissed Dating Goodbye—the now disavowed Christian bestseller that advised against couples even kissing before marriage. She read Elisabeth Elliot’s chaste love story Passion and Purity, a popular evangelical book about waiting for God’s timing for romance. Christy followed the rules at camp and stuck to a one-piece swimsuit, sometimes with a T-shirt coverup to protect the boys from temptation. Her North American Baptist church wasn’t extreme—girls wore pants, for example—but modesty was central and the message was clear. “Boys were always thinking about sex and so you need to take care of yourself, need to cover yourself up,” she recalls.

But for Christy, who asked not to share her last name, the mandates didn’t end once she was safely ensconced in marriage. When she wed at 26, she was a virgin. She believed “sex was only for marriage and then God would bless it.” Taught never to refuse sex with her husband unless it was an absolute necessity, and paired with her then-husband’s demands, Christy was left submitting to what felt like obligatory sex and guilt over how miserable she felt.

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
I’m open to pray to anything and everything especially in the impact zone on 3x overhead bombing day just please don’t rip this board from my hands and let me surface eventually while hoping my leash string holds too!