Album Surfboards

Feb 5, 2019

who's next in line

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA

who's next in line
Gone! 3 Twinsman sold within hours. Wow.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
It’s nuts. Wonder how many $1,000 stock boards he’ll sell online today??
Someone mentioned CC and I wonder if that was a conscious aspiration to emulate that brand/business: find a niche at the high-end? Have to marvel at the vision & execution. I’d be more cynical, but the boars just plain work, so good for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I don't think it's a bad plan to follow CC's path. I asked at a shop why they had so many less HP CC's than they used to and they said CC loved making them but it wasn't where the money was. It was too hard to compete with all the clear sanded PU HPSB's but he had really found a market for high end alt boards. Seems like a good model if you can make it work.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Not coincidental that they posted a clip of Asher on a sunstone yesterday. Synergy! lol
Edit: The used mod twin on the site looks fun.
biolos marketing tactics utilized to target hipsters. they're taking a big market share. good for them. matt parker is a good surfer and all around cool duuu. glad to see him find success.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
My limited interactions with Matt have been outstanding. His replies are short and sweet but with tons of clarity. He is a smart guy that can filter out the noise and get to the point. Though he is making money, his compass is in the right place, and provides positives thoughts about surfing and progression that are refreshing. He is super solid in my book.

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Yep, totally agree. Parker was quick to reply directly after making a general inquiry through their site.

all questions answered in a very timely fashion. didn’t disappear after I ordered and answered my fin questions, too.

would bang again.
Agree 100%. I'm on my 5th Album. Matt responds within a day or sometimes right away. Best customer service I've ever experienced from a surfboard manufacturer. His advice has been spot on regarding volume etc. I love all of the boards I've received from him (except Plasmic which I found too short and thick for me). Now...where the heck is my Townsend?