Inflation

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
having to make decisions on what to go without.
I been doing that all my life.

My millionaire friend who became a DT guy is really worried about inflation too. He talks about it every time I see him.

You would think the more wealth you have the less troubled you would be by inflation but I have seen the opposite to be true.

There is a great fear of loosing that acquired wealth.

It's so annoying.

Go ahead and make your moves you got to make to feel safer but do you have to wuss leak about it so much?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I been doing that all my life.

My millionaire friend who became a DT guy is really worried about inflation too. He talks about it every time I see him.

You would think the more wealth you have the less troubled you would be by inflation but I have seen the opposite to be true.

There is a great fear of loosing that acquired wealth.

It's so annoying.

Go ahead and make your moves you got to make to feel safer but do you have to wuss leak about it so much?
I don't worry about inflation for my personal finances. Sooner or later it cycles and there is ample opportunity at the expense of others. The problem with inflation as a country is it causes recessions and misery for the middle class on down. So far the solution has been semantics...like paying your fair share, when the government has been spending and wasting more than their fair share as allowed by the tax code......plus operating without a budget for decades now.

I never felt like I owed my kids anything but opportunity but today it seems a trust fund may be their only chance to see the proverbial American Dream as our elected leaders remove any whiff of opportunity.

Reactions: Havoc and sizzld1

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
[
I don't worry about inflation for my personal finances. Sooner or later it cycles and there is ample opportunity at the expense of others. The problem with inflation as a country is it causes recessions and misery for the middle class on down. So far the solution has been semantics...like paying your fair share, when the government has been spending and wasting more than their fair share as allowed by the tax code......plus operating without a budget for decades now.

I never felt like I owed my kids anything but opportunity but today it seems a trust fund may be their only chance to see the proverbial American Dream as our elected leaders remove any whiff of opportunity.
It's a good thing to want to protect your assets, especially if you have children and grandchildren to bequeath them to.

THe real question is, "Can we deadlift our way out of this?"

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
LOL - the people who do not understand medicine and also do not understand (unknowable) economic trends are one in the same!

once we can come to an agreement that we all do not really know that much and that we're kind of winging it (honesty) we may have a chance.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
guys - you heard it here first -
at one point in time people in germany all had wheelbarrows full of cash and would wheel them around to stores that sold bread and the people with bread did not want to trade that bread for wheelbarrows full of cash (though in the long run - it would have been a good trade for the bread makers).

same with everything, forever

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
[

It's a good thing to want to protect your assets, especially if you have children and grandchildren to bequeath them to.

THe real question is, "Can we deadlift our way out of this?"
I don't train singles and haven't pulled a heavy single in a while. Last week I put 405 on the bar for shits and giggles and it flew up like a warm up set. I knew I could pull it without too much difficulty but was shocked at how easy it was. I've been running a program using warm up volume as training stress (doing same amount of reps during warm up sets as working sets) as a way of managing training resources while still getting the appropriate amount of training stress in to drive a strength adaptation. So by managing my (training) resources I drove a positive result (adaptation). Today it's hard to say if I'm seeing the same result with the squat but if I'm being honest it seems the squat for me demands a higher intensity, and the bench and overhead press definitely need more intensity....... so all things considered it's doubtful my experience with the deadlift will transfer to the economy.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I don't train singles and haven't pulled a heavy single in a while. Last week I put 405 on the bar for shits and giggles and it flew up like a warm up set. I knew I could pull it without too much difficulty but was shocked at how easy it was. I've been running a program using warm up volume as training stress (doing same amount of reps during warm up sets as working sets) as a way of managing training resources while still getting the appropriate amount of training stress in to drive a strength adaptation. So by managing my (training) resources I drove a positive result (adaptation). Today it's hard to say if I'm seeing the same result with the squat but if I'm being honest it seems the squat for me demands a higher intensity, and the bench and overhead press definitely need more intensity....... so all things considered it's doubtful my experience with the deadlift will transfer to the economy.
Way to shoehorn the humble brag in there.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
You sound at least as qualified to run the Fed as the Fedchairpersxn. Economics isn't a science. It's not even really a branch of philosophy. It's more of an arm of marketing and propaganda like psychology. Remember, Keynes was originally a trader who became popular as an economist because he was the first with a synthesis. "Deadlift" is at least as good of a macroecnomic theory as any of the others, and maybe the best. What do economists know about being brutal?

Reactions: Havoc

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Deficit spending + Fed Balance Sheet + direct cash payments to consumers = inflation.

It's real because they're mailing people cash tendies. I think it's time to end this and to some extent I think Trump did it cynically and Biden followed up to not be outdone. Covid should have hit in 2017 we'd have all been much better off. Fkn election years.

Basically have less in cash and more invested than ideal is the response I guess.

Reactions: Havoc

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Interesting who thinks this round of inflation is because the supply chain got caught flat-footed when the post-covid demand spike hit earlier than expected, as opposed to it being a structural thing caused by excessive government spending and pumping the money supply.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Interesting who thinks this round of inflation is because the supply chain got caught flat-footed when the post-covid demand spike hit earlier than expected, as opposed to it being a structural thing caused by excessive government spending and pumping the money supply.
Real estate is 100% domestic. As are food and fuel.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It don't cost no money when you sit in your room playing your guitar.

I can see it's more stressful with a family.

But are they worried about it?

I say no.

No F em.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Huge component of it, but personally I think mailing checks out is inflationary more than something like QE on the monetary side of things, and they've been sending the checks out.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Why can't it be both?