Ultimate Surfer?

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
looks like Jesse and Erin (Commentators) are from NFL broadcasting? Weird choice to pair alongside Turpel

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I would seriously do it.

No rounds, no time limit, no gloves, 30 foot diameter cage, vale tudo.

$25 million.

Make it happen.
I have a strong feeling it would be a lot different then some ole grumpy "the pit" local tappin' out after you bust some jiu-jitsu dance move regardless of gloves or not or cage size:shrug:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Jesse Palmer I associate with ESPN's college football coverage but I don't watch the NFL on TV nearly as much so maybe he does that as well. I have no idea who the Erin person is; at first I thought it might be Erin Andrews, but she works for Fox I think.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Not anymore, imo. That's who popularized the term, but it seems pretty common these days among straight people who aren't married but feel too old to say "boyfriend" or "girlfriend".
I work with plenty of unmarried women of all ages, none of them ever use the term "partner" to describe their boyfriend.

Plenty of unmarried men over the age of 40 too - none of them ever use the term "partner"

I've had plenty of gay men and lesbian women in my personal and work life - yup they use it all the time. Some of them would probably burst out laughing if they heard a straight person use it (or make a comment after they walked away).

These are educated people with bachelors>>>doctorates.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I'm old and un-hip and I know several hetero, non-married couples that refer to their significant other as their partner. I ever hear parents refer to their adult children's significant other as the partner.

Interesting.

I never hear it used except by gay people so I googled. Looks like it's an anemic new woke trend that will fail (like latinx) so makes sense the WSL is using it because they are trying to be the wokest sports league.

Basically it's straight people wanting to seem woke (partner is gender-neutral because WHY SHOULD GENDER MATTER?) appropriated it from gay people.

And gay people are deservedly laughing at them.

It's kinda funny that for the sake of looking WOKE straight white people want to appropriate gay terminology that actually serves a purpose as a sexual minority.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Interesting.

I never hear it used except by gay people so I googled. Looks like it's an anemic new woke trend that will fail (like latinx) so makes sense the WSL is using it because they are trying to be the wokest sports league.

Basically it's straight people wanting to seem woke (partner is gender-neutral because WHY SHOULD GENDER MATTER?) appropriated it from gay people.

And gay people are deservedly laughing at them.

It's kinda funny that for the sake of looking WOKE straight white people want to appropriate gay terminology that actually serves a purpose as a sexual minority.

Being the arbiter of all things seems tiring.

Feels weird to describe the person you live with, have kids with, and have a life with in your late 30's-40's as your girlfriend when you are around grown up strangers.

But if it hurts you, go ahead and resist.

Reactions: mundus and Boneroni

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
remember when we were talking about this new surf show - which has a cast of mostly non-white people shredding in Kelly's pool?

the good ole days.

Let's settle it here: everyone on the erBB is dumb - hopefully we can move on to a more (ugh) productive discussion

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka and Boneroni

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Morro Bay has gay neighborhoods? Plural?
Oh man.

You have no idea.

Gay neighborhoods, gay clubs hosting circuit parties (Junior Vasquez was once the Saturday night resident for these parties), a huge memorial to the victims of the 1980s AIDS crisis, Drag Queen story hour, HQ for the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, and the gay flag flies over Cayucos town hall.