Do you even like your spouse?

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I feel like we should have an official online dating thread, where everyone can share tips (not gay code; nttawwt) and experiences. I bet some erBBs have some great stories to tell from the dating app scene.
I feel like we DID have a thread. Or we hijacked another one and started posting tinder/bumble stories

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Speaking of Bumble, can we talk about foot fetishes?

That sh!t is weird. (apologies to the foot fetishists)

I'm talking to this coworker the other day and she's telling me about a mutual friend's recent Bumble date.

"Within 30 minutes he had her shoes off and was giving her a foot massage."

I tell her the guy sounds like a foot fetishist.

I ask her what she thinks about that.

She tells me it's creepy because foot fetish guys are normally very up front and totally unfiltered about the chick's feet and what they want to do to them.

It reminds me of a patient I had some years back.

I walked in the room in the morning and within 5 minutes the guy asked me to massage his feet.:socrazy:

This is a guy who had been in bed for a few days.

"No, that's out of my scope of practice. I'm not a licensed massage therapist.":roflmao:

The foot fetishist never seems ashamed of his love for all things feet.

You'll be looking at some objectifying photo of a beautiful female and in the comments there's always some deviant who pipes up -"Her feet are really cute!":sick:

Out of all things, they go straight for the feet, while the rest of us never even noticed the feet.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
was married for 20 years - tried to stick with her to get her clean and sober for about the last 5 yrs

didnt work - hence over in Indo for almost 2 yrs w my kid - needed to get my kid away from watching her mom slowly die

that sh!t destroys everyone involved

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
was married for 20 years - tried to stick with her to get her clean and sober for about the last 5 yrs

didnt work - hence over in Indo for almost 2 yrs w my kid - needed to get my kid away from watching her mom slowly die

Damn truth, I didn't know that part of the story. Just knew you were splits and surfing your brains out with your daughter in indo. Kinda bittersweet I suppose, but assuming things are as bad with her mother as it sounds it's a heck of a way to keep her mind off things and give her epic life experience in the process. The bond you two must be building in this chapter of her life must be crazy.

Last edited:

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
Damn truth, I didn't know that part of the story. Just knew you were splits and surfing your brains out with your daughter in indo. Kinda bittersweet I suppose, but assuming things are as bad with her mother as it sounds it's a heck of a way to keep her mind off things and give her epic life experience in the process. The bond you two must be building in this chapter of her life must be crazy.

saved my kids soul/life getting her away from it - she is in her early teens so being that age and seeing her mom a complete wreck would have been too much

surf - be a kid - laugh

a few people on here know how bad it is/was
reached out to a few er'bb during some very dark times and they helped me out and guided me in the right direction

funny thing about er'bb and what people you have never met will do for you - testament to the goodness of people - it exists

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
saved my kids soul/life getting her away from it - she is in her early teens so being that age and seeing her mom a complete wreck would have been too much

surf - be a kid - laugh

a few people on here know how bad it is/was
reached out to a few er'bb during some very dark times and they helped me out and guided me in the right direction

funny thing about er'bb and what people you have never met will do for you - testament to the goodness of people - it exists

To be honest, when I first heard you were splitting with your wife and took your teenage daughter off to Indo for an indefinitely long surf trip I questioned it in my head without knowing the whole story and thought about how pissed she must be. Knowing this now I have to apologize for any judgement I may have made even though I kept it to myself. Better your daughter remembers good times in Indo with her pops than the evils and tragedy of addiction. :cheers: (root beer)

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location

You're a good man Patrick

Reactions: Truth

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
I'm divorced. Miss my wife. Miss partnership, friendship, intense intimacy, and domesticity among other things.

Still, not sure I would get married again tho.

Reactions: afoaf