Dr. Seuss books: Amazon current top selling books - almost all of the top 100 books are from Dr. Seuss.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
BS, they defended against border raids, they built a wall to keep the scotts out. Your ignorance knows no bounds.
A lot of Scots suffered at the hands of Romans. You don't need to be conquered to have casualties.

That's my point, idiot.

And read up, because you're wrong.
" Roman legions arrived in the territory of modern Scotland around AD 71, having conquered the Celtic Britons of southern Great Britain over the preceding three decades. Aiming to complete the Roman conquest of Britain, the Roman armies under Q. Petilius Cerialis and Gn. Julius Agricola campaigned against the Caledonians in the 70s and 80s. "

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
It trips me out that people compare Irish slavery to black slavery but also need a DNA test to see how “Irish” they are.

Do they really not get that the lack of melanin makes it easier** to blend and assimilate?

**Redhead exception.
Did you really take my post about Irish persecution and Lucky Charms seriously? LOL.

Plus it was FecalFace who brought up the strawman comparison to Blacks, not me.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
The point is that if the wokes are willing to go after Dr Seuss and pressure the publisher, what's next? Are we going to hold every movie, TV show, book etc to that standard?

Going to watch some old school Tom n Jerry right now before it disappears!
no, the point is that no fkn wokes went after dr seuss to pressure the publisher you spaz

the company's own words:

nice imaginary menace you've got there...be a shame if something happened to it....

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Yes, I'm sure they simply decided to on their own accord and not because of any outside influence. LOL.

Casa has some tweets linked on the other thread, I'm sure that wasn't the only one.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Yes, I'm sure they simply decided to on their own accord and not because of any outside influence. LOL.

Casa has some tweets linked on the other thread, I'm sure that wasn't the only one.
tweets? cool.

I'm showing you the actual words of the company who made the decision, explaining their reason.

it does not align with your hysterical characterization....at all.

Reactions: tacos

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Did you really take my post about Irish persecution and Lucky Charms seriously? LOL.

Plus it was FecalFace who brought up the strawman comparison to Blacks, not me.
I assumed your post was somewhat tongue in cheek however you seem to keep bringing up persecution from 71. Meanwhile in 1971 there were still issues with discrimination and segregation. I’ve also seen plenty of “Well the Irish were slaves too so bootstrap” memes from FB but sorry to ilk you. :cheers:

Reactions: grapedrink

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
They're books nobody reads. Your need to find a liberal boogyman in every action is weird.
Well, they’re selling like crazy now.

Publisher is laughing all the way to the bank.

They scored virtue points with wokeanistas AND they got the reactionary righties to flood the zone with their money.

Fuckking genius.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
A lot of Scots suffered at the hands of Romans. You don't need to be conquered to have casualties.

That's my point, idiot.

And read up, because you're wrong.
" Roman legions arrived in the territory of modern Scotland around AD 71, having conquered the Celtic Britons of southern Great Britain over the preceding three decades. Aiming to complete the Roman conquest of Britain, the Roman armies under Q. Petilius Cerialis and Gn. Julius Agricola campaigned against the Caledonians in the 70s and 80s. "
Nope, it was open warfare Scots vs Romans with Scotts border raiding and the Romans doing punitive expeditions , another Dunning-Kruger for the erbb.

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Nope, it was open warfare Scots vs Romans with Scotts border raiding and the Romans doing punitive expeditions , another Dunning-Kruger for the erbb.
"Despite sporadic attempts at conquest and government between the 1st and 4th centuries AD, most of modern Scotland, inhabited by the Caledonians and the Maeatae, was not incorporated into the Roman Empire. "

You have trouble accepting facts.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
"Despite sporadic attempts at conquest and government between the 1st and 4th centuries AD, most of modern Scotland, inhabited by the Caledonians and the Maeatae, was not incorporated into the Roman Empire. "

You have trouble accepting facts.
The Scots and Irish remained unconquered, you made a dumb comment and refuse to own it as usual.

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The Scots and Irish remained unconquered, you made a dumb comment and refuse to own it as usual.
The point was that the Romans made numerous attempts to take over Scotland. I imagine there was a lot of death and suffering because of that. You claimed that all of the aggression was the Scots against the Romans, which is 100% false. Own it.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Well, they’re selling like crazy now.

Publisher is laughing all the way to the bank.

They scored virtue points with wokeanistas AND they got the reactionary righties to flood the zone with their money.

Fuckking genius.
They're actually out of print and not selling.

But yes, dopey MAGAs are buying the ones that are still in print because they don't understand what's going on.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
They're actually out of print and not selling.

But yes, dopey MAGAs are buying the ones that are still in print because they don't understand what's going on.
It really is quite amazing. People mad about publisher no longer publishing a couple books so they punish the publisher by buying a whole bunch of their other books.

Btw, what was it in the books that was an issue. I want to see the offending drawings.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The point was that the Romans made numerous attempts to take over Scotland. I imagine there was a lot of death and suffering because of that. You claimed that all of the aggression was the Scots against the Romans, which is 100% false. Own it.
Bro, the scots were all drunk as fuk. You’re really going to trust their version of things?

• Haha

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
What’s up with that?
BTW, Dr. Seuss only wrote
It really is quite amazing. People mad about publisher no longer publishing a couple books so they punish the publisher by buying a whole bunch of their other books.

Btw, what was it in the books that was an issue. I want to see the offending drawings.
Never read them. Never even heard of them. But from what I've read, they typical "Chinaman with chopsticks" and monkey-like black folk sort of stuff.

I don't really see the point in hiding any of this stuff - it's so out of place in today's world but was how things were back then.

Here's a doozy from the lovable Dr. though:

1614816832070.png

• Wow
Reactions: Phi1

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
BTW, Dr. Seuss only wrote

Never read them. Never even heard of them. But from what I've read, they typical "Chinaman with chopsticks" and monkey-like black folk sort of stuff.
In cases like these I prefer to see the actual offending material before passing judgment.

I don't really see the point in hiding any of this stuff - it's so out of place in today's world but was how things were back then.
Agreed.

Here's a doozy from the lovable Dr. though:

View attachment 105955
That’s undeniably pretty bad even for “back then”.

I’m just going to assume it’s legit.