Texas is fully open: no more mask mandate.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
It's a little odd that every policy that you love, is enacted in a state that sucks.

There's a message in there somewhere, I just can't put my finger on it. :unsure:
I don’t weigh heavily what type of government a state has in determining its livability.

1. is there surf?
2. Is there mountains?
3. Is the weather good?
4. Is the food good, healthy? Mexican food?
5. What are the people like!
6. Cost of living?
7. Politics?

Texas is so so on the bottom 3 on the list. Not enough to offset the absolute zero it gets for 1-4.

As for Texas politics, they are way too socially conservative for my tastes.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I went to texas a couple years ago. Had a good time. Good food and beer and nice polite people.

Would NOT move there :)
Same, there was a lot I liked about Texass when I was there. Mostly the austin area. But I would never move there.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Should we start a gofundme campaign to send you there on a one way ticket? Don’t forget to pack a warm coat and a generator.
PS: ive been living as close to normal as possible since about 3 weeks after the year long (and counting) two weeks to Flatten The Curve© so if California opens up my life won’t change much but the millions of kids who aren’t being educated and the tens of thousands of businesses with their millions of now unemployed workers would see great improvement in their lives.

Me moving to Texas does nothing to help my friends and neighbors here.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
PS: ive been living as close to normal as possible since about 3 weeks after the year long (and counting) two weeks to Flatten The Curve© so if California opens up my life won’t change much but the millions of kids who aren’t being educated and the tens of thousands of businesses with their millions of now unemployed workers would see great improvement in their lives.

Me moving to Texas does nothing to help my friends and neighbors here.

How selfless of you.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Texas has surf, albeit shitty surf, and there are for sure mountains in Texas; over 8k feet which I'm pretty sure is the highest elevation of any state in the Eastern or Central time zones.

Probably not overrun compared to the Blue Ridge and Sierras. Everyone I talk to that is from Texas seems to think if you get within 50 miles of the border you get dropped by the Cartel. Apparently Big Bend NP is "a thing" and I've heard multiple Texan fathers ban camping trips there because Chapo. Although I guess it would be Golfo and not Sinaloa.

The weather sucks but the food is pretty good especially the Mexican food.

Florida hasn't had a mask mandate for months and months and months, by dint of executive order from Governor Desnatis that forbids enforcement of the mask mandate, which basically means there is no mask mandate.

Thing is, "fully open" other than the beach closure, WTF does that mean? The Governor says the state is fully open but the Gators or Seminoles let 10k people into the stadium, well, I can guarantee you the alumni aren't coming to watch that game. Restaurants that aren't themselves ready still doing take-out only - not exactly open. The bars are "open" and they're empty on Friday/Saturday nights.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
A state that still outlaws sodomy is “fully open” because they personal freedom so hard. :roflmao: :dancing:
Sodomy is illegal in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma and South Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky as well.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Texas has surf, albeit shitty surf, and there are for sure mountains in Texas; over 8k feet which I'm pretty sure is the highest elevation of any state in the Eastern or Central time zones.

Probably not overrun compared to the Blue Ridge and Sierras. Everyone I talk to that is from Texas seems to think if you get within 50 miles of the border you get dropped by the Cartel. Apparently Big Bend NP is "a thing" and I've heard multiple Texan fathers ban camping trips there because Chapo. Although I guess it would be Golfo and not Sinaloa.

The weather sucks but the food is pretty good especially the Mexican food.

Florida hasn't had a mask mandate for months and months and months, by dint of executive order from Governor Desnatis that forbids enforcement of the mask mandate, which basically means there is no mask mandate.

Thing is, "fully open" other than the beach closure, WTF does that mean? The Governor says the state is fully open but the Gators or Seminoles let 10k people into the stadium, well, I can guarantee you the alumni aren't coming to watch that game. Restaurants that aren't themselves ready still doing take-out only - not exactly open. The bars are "open" and they're empty on Friday/Saturday nights.
Fully open means no more state mandated closures.
You want to wear a mask and keep getting takeout you are free to do so.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Sodomy is illegal in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma and South Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky as well.
I take it this means they don't have any BJ's Brewhouse franchises out there...

• Haha
Reactions: $kully