Grocery Store Situation

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
3:47am, wide awake, computer~in'...
KNX News radio has just said that 1,200 Trader Joe's employees nation~wide have test positive for Corona
over thee last 8 months, 2 employees have died from it...

• Wow
Reactions: rowjimmytour
Oct 28, 2020
Chicago
Well, since the pandemic has started, I switched to online grocery shopping. First of all, it's much safer like this. More than that, there is no reason to go shopping in those super crowded supermarkets and to stay in line for ages, and that's a huge advantage for me. Also, in this way I try to minimize my physical contact with money. Besides that, I think that in some years people will do only online shopping, so I switched working at Instacart, which is considered to be one of the best food delivery company. So, you better consider this option as well.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I thought I was going to get in a fight with a homeless guy in front of the market yesterday.

He says, Can I have a dollar for food?

I says, "I'll buy you an apple."

He shouts "NO! I buy my own food!"

I just walk away. No apple for him.

The homeless are menacing more freely now.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
I thought I was going to get in a fight with a homeless guy in front of the market yesterday.

A homeless guy asked me for change the other day outside of the Market. Told him I didn't have any. Which is true, because I use my debit card for nearly everything. Got back to my car and realized I had change and peanut butter crackers in the car. I quickly returned and gave them both to him. He was super stoked. It wasn't much but, I could tell he really appreciated it.

Reactions: john4surf

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I saw my first deaf person/cashier interaction yesterday. She was talking and making sense but couldn't read his lips. After about three long exchanges the dipshit finally pulled his mask down and answered her question.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

Was buying some garage shelving at a big box store this weekend when a woman came up to me with her phone out.

Woman: Do you have any cash?

Me: Why?

Me: Ok, yeah, I do. Why?

Woman: I need cash. If you give it to me, I can pay you right back. (waves her phone at me like the Queen of England waves to the common people)

Me: I give you cash, you pay me back with a phone app?

Woman: Yes, I'll pay you back. You take Apple pay?

Me: No.

Woman: (turns, walks off)

Me: (to self) That went better than I thought it would.

Would any one else give cash to someone they don't know in a parking lot if they could immediately get paid back by Apple pay?

Or are you like me and think pretty much every time someone you don't know who asks for money and will "pay you right back by phone" is some kind of scam.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Was buying some garage shelving at a big box store this weekend when a woman came up to me with her phone out.

Woman: I need cash. If you give it to me, I can pay you right back. (waves her phone at me like the Queen of England waves to the common people)

Would any one else give cash to someone they don't know in a parking lot if they could immediately get paid back by Apple pay?

Or are you like me and think pretty much every time someone you don't know who asks for money and will "pay you right back by phone" is some kind of scam.
did she look like she was in good shape ?

my first thought would be, you give her some cash, then she grabs your cell phone and takes off.

she gets away, and a couple of minutes later runs you over, and sideswipes your vehicle with the range rover she just jacked.

version 2: she actually owns the range rover.

:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: rice

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I had this really good looking Mexican woman stop me in front of Fries asking if I had money so she could feed her baby.

I said no and moved on.

Then I thought, I should have said, "Jack me off for $20?"

That is pretty easy money.

I do the same job for free to myself twice a day.

She was really cute.

There was probably a big Mexican dude hiding in the shadows

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I had this really good looking Mexican woman stop me in front of Fries asking if I had money so she could feed her baby.

I said no and moved on.

Then I thought, I should have said, "Jack me off for $20?"

That is pretty easy money.

I do the same job for free to myself twice a day.
How does your "girlfriend" feel about all that?

Peter1

Nep status
Jul 29, 2005

The grocery store on our street is open Sunday afternoons but only the self checkouts, which only take debit/credit. I was in line recently and a girl of about 20 asked me if she could give me cash if I would pay for her groceries (she had about 10 euros worth) with my debit card (she didn't have one). I agreed, she gave me a 20 euro bill and I paid for her groceries, which I think came out to 15 euros or less.

She then asked for change. I'm like, "what?" She said, well, I gave you a 20 and it wasn't 20 euros. I almost throttled her. Instead I said, "that makes absolutely no sense. Think about it for a minute," and walked off. Did she think I was a bank, too?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink