The New Channel Islands Upright Fin

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
The new CI Upright came from a need to balance the CI fin offering. Where the original, highly raked CI fin is more suited to classic down-the-line thrust and drawn out turns, the reality is, most surfers are riding smaller waves and beach breaks that require quicker turns, and a fin that allows for more pivot.

Where the original CI fin is suited to bigger, better open face waves, the CI Upright has a high rate of return and responsiveness, which means it’s ideal for beach breaks and little waves where need to generate speed quickly.

1613068031543.png

Reactions: JDJ

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Anybody ridden this yet? I love the AM fin template. I have to order a set of futures for that new Hydroshort I got and then got this email... Im wondering if i should get the AM template or maybe try this new one (if futures makes it).

Reactions: JDJ

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
No Salsa has a range of fins and is often talking about rake etc :)

CI is just following the trail of Salsa.

kane

Michael Peterson status
Sep 30, 2003
Bout fvcking time CI made a different fin.

Their raked fin is garbage.

That's right, I said it.

Come at me bros :trout:
The am fin is the gold standard for me but do look forward to trying these new fins. What do you like better? Fcs g3000? Haha

Reactions: ReForest

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
I don't see any point in trying an FCS or Future fin that doesn't have the AM template. I have wasted a lot of money over the years buying different templates. If the board doesn't work well with AMs then its a bad board. Some of the other fins go alright, but the boards always feel better with AM. Griffin fin template is fantastic and the best, it is a sort of souped up version of AM, I guess designed before the AM fin. Only available in FCS 1 style twin tab, a FCS II base would theoretically give a more natural flex.