Album Surfboards

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
What glass schedule? They’re really light as stock, so I’d think you may prefer a little more weight for bigger waves.
Thanks for the tip.
I went 6/4 oz deck, 4 oz bottom for just that reason. Don't want it too light.
But i don't want a brick either

Reactions: ChaseTMP

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
FYI, Matt has been NAILING the dims for me on all my boards, as we're similar weight. The round pin file is different enough that I'd inquire with him before assessing "stock" dims and pulling the trigger.
I'm 6' 195lbs
He recommended: 6"0-6'1 x 19.88 x 2.5
I put in for the 6'0 option.
He said... "we're going 6'1"
Yessir!

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I think for a hipster stap I'd go with a Twinsman round pin. pair that with a Lightbladder and you'd be covered

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I think for a hipster stap I'd go with a Twinsman round pin. pair that with a Lightbladder and you'd be covered
I dunno. that Moonstone long fish I saw in the shop looked pretty good.
What's the lightblender for? more DD performance twin? So hard to keep all the models straight. The guy at Album laughed when I said that and replied: yeah, there's a lot of overlap, and pretty small variations.

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Supposedly they've had better luck with the FCSII plugs' integrity compared to Futures when set up as a twin.
Is that from somewhere or just your observation? I have noticed his boards have all been FCS lately in his posts. I've never blown out a futures box personally but thats a highly debated topic.

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I hear the box/glassing fails brought up often on twins. Always curious about that topic & peoples experiences with it since I haven't dealt with it. I'm a pro though at damaging fins on reefs/rocks. 3 sets this past year
:bricks:

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Is that from somewhere or just your observation? I have noticed his boards have all been FCS lately in his posts. I've never blown out a futures box personally but thats a highly debated topic.
Yes, from Matt and Mike at Album, but they also said they prefer to put Futures in the majority of their boards. I happened to ask while checking out the asym twin if they had heard of the FCSII plugs failing using large surface area twins like the Power Twin and they remarked that they thought the plug was actually more stable than Futures, which I thought was surprising.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Yes, from Matt and Mike at Album, but they also said they prefer to put Futures in the majority of their boards. I happened to ask while checking out the asym twin if they had heard of the FCSII plugs failing using large surface area twins like the Power Twin and they remarked that they thought the plug was actually more stable than Futures, which I thought was surprising.
stu kenson told me the same a few years ago

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Which model is that? What are the dims of that one? Is that a one-sided wing?
The model was in what you quoted from me, an asym Twinsman. Yes, there's a wing on the heel side and I didn't see any dimensions. It's tiny, I'd guess 5'3 x 18.75 x 2 3/16. I'm pretty sure the board I took a picture of is not Josh Kerr's, but the same model he was riding recently made for another smaller human.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
PSA: 7'2 moonstone long fish on CL. if this was 6'10 or under, I would've snagged it.

Last edited:
Reactions: urchined

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Townsend asym and avocadobender have been feeling great this trip. I put a big crack in the avo around the toeside fin early in the trip so it was out of commission for a while but my janky repair appears to be holding and its feeling as good as ever now. I would say the lightbender has showed some weakness when the waves get small and fast. It just doesnt have the down the line drive of a full keel fish. Still, its much more shreddy than a keel when the waves have push and i love the lines its able to take. Very fun to slide the tail around and goof off on whatever little section pops up.

Townsend never disappoints. Its basically my step up/crowd beater for when im sick of battling the disturbing number of seemingly healthy, young midlength riders.