“I just want to find 11,780 votes”

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Final agreement on bet Nov 20, 2019

HUGE difference between prosecution and conviction.

You stated "yield no prosecution" coming out of this and it would be a good bet.

Who's being combative here?

One has to happen first before the other. Prosecution was completely doubted by you one week ago.

I get the feeling you thought Durham was fake news or something?
I just don't trust Barr.

let's keep it simple.

a conviction stemming from Horowitz report by Sept 2020 like you said above.
I don't see a "judgement of conviction" in the bet? Which is the final, clerical procedure during or after sentencing.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Final agreement on bet Nov 20, 2019

I don't see a "judgement of conviction" in the bet? Which is the final, clerical procedure during or after sentencing.
do you see "plead guilty" ?? ) :)

CONVICTION !! ) own some !! ) :)

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Plea of guilt (accepted by judge) is treated the exact same and guilty verdict in a court of law.

Look it up.
No !! ) -you provide a link !! ) :)
and what is the difference between "conviction" and "judgement of conviction" ?? )

exact same ?? ) :)

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
No !! ) -you provide a link !! ) :)
and what is the difference between "conviction" and "judgement of conviction" ?? )

exact same ?? ) :)
Already did this months ago. Pay attention this time....

Conviction
A guilty plea results in conviction. By pleading guilty, the defendant admits to all elements of the crimes to which he is pleading. Likewise, the defendant admits that all material facts alleged in the charges are true. Therefore, a guilty plea serves as an adjudication on the merits of a case.

https://federal-lawyer.com/consequence-guilty-plea/

There is NO difference between "conviction" and "judgement of conviction" other than filing final documents and clerks getting work to do. That's when it goes on your "permanent record" we were warned of as kids.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
A guilty plea results in conviction.
what day does it result in "conviction" ?? ) :)

============================================================

plural noun: results
  1. a consequence, effect, or outcome of something.
    "the tower collapsed as a result of safety violations"
is a collapsed tower the exact same as a safety violation ?? ) :)

=======================================================

surfdog logic !! )

sinks his own boat !! ) :)

can we move this over to the "Trumby Cult Reaches Peak Stupid Today" thread ?? ) :)

Last edited:

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Same day that judge officially accepts the guilty plea. No contest is similar, but that only helps to prevent actions in a civil suit that might follow. Clinesmith waived those rights by pleading guilty instead of no contest.

If it was a not guilty plea, it would go to trial. That takes days, weeks, months to get a guilty or not guilty verdict.

Once a guilt is established (plea or verdict, doesn't matter) and accepted by judge or court, conviction is established, then on to sentencing. Judgement of conviction is the final closing protocol to record it for posterity.

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Sorry, now you're just getting vindictive and pissy.

The Biden presidency comparison is totally off-base. Trump is still president, no matter what until Jan 20. That's plain for all to see and historical in procedure.

Here's a more concise interpretation of a guilty plea and its immediate result once approved by the court/judge (key is once approved, accepted and signed by judge and both parties).

"The main purpose of a guilty plea is to produce a final conclusion to a criminal case. Once a defendant enters a guilty plea, the prosecutor has no further obligation to introduce evidence of the defendant's guilt. A pleading defendant waives the right to raise most objections to police, prosecutorial, or judicial behavior that could have been raised on appeal after a trial and conviction."

In other words: plea of guilt means no trial and judge and/or jury is not needed to convict. He has self-convicted.

"In other respects, guilty pleas have the same consequences as guilty verdicts. The judgments of conviction carry the identical evidentiary value and ramifications for future proceedings—including the same potential for sentence enhancement and for forfeiture of assets. In many jurisdictions, a guilty plea or guilty verdict fore-closes defendants from suing their lawyers for malpractice."

https://www.encyclopedia.com/law/legal-and-political-magazines/guilty-plea-accepting-plea

This was NOT a "no contest" plea, it was a guilty plea agreement and fully accepted by the judge, and sentencing hearing was ordered following.

The bet should've been on "sentencing" then, since that would be the finality of the whole conviction process. But most lawyers (not all) seem to agree that a guilty plea that is fully accepted and signed by the judge and both parties involved, as a conviction.

We did not have "judgement of conviction" in the bet, which is usually the final, clerical, official designation during or after sentencing.
you're making up lies out of thin air..."but most lawyers..."

the Judgement of Conviction is the motion filed that indicates a conviction has been made.

the bet was on a conviction

your posts are just more of the same deductive bullshit...in FEDERAL COURT (not wikipedia
common law) there are procedures that mark that state of the case. you're arguing that there
is a conviction, but you can see quite clearly in the court documents that there is no conviction
filed.

that is the very marker that a conviction has been attained. it is the finish line in the race.

you may have run 26.21 miles, but you didn't finish a marathon until you crossed the line

(there are a thousand analogies I can employ to point out the logical flaw in your argument)

this is substantiated in every piece of information I have linked to you

your dishonor shines....

look at how much energy you spend trying to bend facts to suit your agenda here
when it is abundantly clear you don't know your ass from a hole in the fkn ground

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
give it a rest, jerkoffs. Next time you bet, make it specific enough to enforce.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
What was the bet?
conviction by September 30th 2020 from Durham investigation

initially he asked for charges; I argued that Barr could file charges for nearly anything and
it doesn't mean Durham's investigation has merit

so an actual conviction from the courts with a longer timeline on the bet was agreed upon

I get what he is saying re: the plea, but

1: it's not final until it's final
2: they got this poor schmuck on a procedural; there was no conspiracy uncovered which was the
heart of SurfDog's argument - Crossfire Hurricane was illegally conducted and politically motivated.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
conviction by September 30th 2020 from Durham investigation

initially he asked for charges; I argued that Barr could file charges for nearly anything and
it doesn't mean Durham's investigation has merit

so an actual conviction from the courts with a longer timeline on the bet was agreed upon

I get what he is saying re: the plea, but

1: it's not final until it's final
2: they got this poor schmuck on a procedural; there was no conspiracy uncovered which was the
heart of SurfDog's argument - Crossfire Hurricane was illegally conducted and politically motivated.
Then why did he plead guilty instead or no contest or not guilty, if it was such a obvious "set-up" for the guy?
His lawyers should've had a field day with the prosecution, right?

Judge accepted it, trial over, and on to sentencing. You can't go to sentencing without be convicted first.

Simple as that.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Then why did he plead guilty instead or no contest or not guilty, if it was such a obvious "set-up" for the guy?
His lawyers should've had a field day with the prosecution, right?

Judge accepted it, trial over, and on to sentencing. You can't go to sentencing without be convicted first.

Simple as that.
the crime is a bullshit procedural. he made a mistake. I don't dispute that.

IS THIS YOUR FKN CONSPIRACY?

some clerk is going to lose his license to practice because he made a mistake in an
email that no one has ever argued was politically motivated

and, again, PACER does not list a conviction

it's very clear...and I have linked plenty of examples of federal cases on PACER, demonstrating
the order of events and the specific waypoint filings....conviction being a very clear and conspicuous
one...and this case has neither a filed conviction NOR a conviction date.

you'll ignore all of that and do some dumb monkey dance about how a plea has been entered and
so you're going to deduce that's basically just like and practically the same animal like a conviction...

but it isn't a conviction

tired of typing this out

the bet is clear. the PACER system of record is readily verifiable. the facts stand.

1. no conviction by date stated
2. Durham.Didn't.Find.SHITTTTTTTTTTTTT

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

here you go, Page 1, item number 4 in the conditions for release....

that says loud and clear, return to court on the (previously set) sentencing date
and, if convicted, must surrender as directed

the courts had not convicted him yet by virtue of the court's own documents and language

that document was filed with the courts on August 19th, citing a December 10th sentencing date

jesus fkn christ...please stop talking out your ass all the time