Democrat Insider Trading

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I'm sure the erBB Muppets will take a stand and declare this as being wrong. Am I right?

Pelosi's husband bets up to $1M Tesla will flourish during Biden's administration

• Haha
Reactions: _____

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
there's a reason the weed and green stocks have been on the upswing for weeks

I don't know if I'd go in on disney right now...that is quite surprising, but I'm dumb
so take it with a grain of salt...they are at a 5 year high and 20% higher than pre-covid
high.

all on streaming?!

while parks are literally shitting themselves?

odd

• Haha

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Yahoo says Tesla is over valued and they report earnings tomorrow. Are people buying cars in a pandemic? I guess he shoots a bunch of satellites up, maybe that’s the hype?

BEBC3C22-F1BB-4FE7-83AB-A9955F699F67.jpeg

• Haha

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I think all politicians and their immediate families should be barred from active trading.

That said, this isn't insider trading unless he knows something we don't. It's not a secret that Tesla might benefit from a Biden administration.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Yahoo says Tesla is over valued and they report earnings tomorrow. Are people buying cars in a pandemic? I guess he shoots a bunch of satellites up, maybe that’s the hype?

View attachment 104300
I've noticed that yahoo says a lot of stocks are overvalued. Maybe that rating is automatic based on their PE ratio and/or other metrics? From my limited understanding the PE is pretty high :drowning:

• Haha

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
I think all politicians and their immediate families should be barred from active trading.

That said, this isn't insider trading unless he knows something we don't. It's not a secret that Tesla might benefit from a Biden administration.
Pelosi has direct influence via policy over what that stock does or doesn't do. Perhaps if you nit-pick insider trading isn't the correct term but this is clearly unethical.......except when democrats do it.

• Haha
Reactions: _____ and Havoc

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Pelosi has direct influence via policy over what that stock does or doesn't do. Perhaps if you nit-pick insider trading isn't the correct term but this is clearly unethical.......except when democrats do it.
damn wish i had a mil to drop on Tesla. Got in late 2019 and only wish I picked up more shares. Made good money on T last year might be time to offload just a little bit.

• Haha

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Had news broken three years that Trumby Jr had purchased a million dollars of whatever stock his daddy could influence you would have started no less than four threads on the topic. Strangely you don't have much to say on this matter now. That's cause you have zero integrity.
wheres the evidence that it’s insider trading?

• Haha

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Had news broken three years that Trumby Jr had purchased a million dollars of whatever stock his daddy could influence you would have started no less than four threads on the topic. Strangely you don't have much to say on this matter now. That's cause you have zero integrity.
anybody - except you, possibly - could see the future for electric vehicle stocks brightened considerably on 11/4/20. if you want to pick this particular bone, perhaps you should start with the senators who unloaded their portfolios a year ago, after being briefed on the imminent pandemic - before it was public knowledge.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You give too much credit to Pelosi. She can't control the stock. And as long as he's not trading on information the public doesn't have, it's not a crime. Trump should have made laws to limit this sort of thing, but he didn't.

• Haha

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
She can control legislation though can't she.
She can control what comes out of the House.

Trading on that information would be illegal if it's not public.

This is another one of those instances where you're ignoring what words mean:

• Haha

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
She can control what comes out of the House.

Trading on that information would be illegal if it's not public.

This is another one of those instances where you're ignoring what words mean:

Would you give the Trumps the same pass you're so willing to give democrat politicians?

• Haha

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Would you give the Trumps the same pass you're so willing to give democrat politicians?
Nothing illegal, nothing secret, so yes. And really, if Trump was able to fill his hotels with government employees and government events at top prices for four years, I don't think you want to use him as the standard, do you?

If it turns into something like Loeffler's trades, I'll reconsider.

But why do you keep comparing everything to Trump? Is whataboutism all you have now? Either way, your whataboutism is pretty weak:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Norm' and _____

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I'm sure the erBB Muppets will take a stand and declare this as being wrong. Am I right?

Pelosi's husband bets up to $1M Tesla will flourish during Biden's administration

your initial post negated the entire premise of this thread.

bet (verb): : a choice made by consideration of probabilities

so if it’s a bet, then, by implication, he’s weighing the odds based on the information he has, but he doesn’t know the outcome ahead of time. If he knew the outcome ahead of time, it would no longer be called a “bet”, now would it?

• Haha
Reactions: _____ and sussle