Hate Crime Charges Brought Against Maui Individuals

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Regardless... all involved are hurting... except the realtors.

Who CAN buy that house and live in it?

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
I think folks should just malama their own neighborhoods instead of jawing about places and things they have nothing to do with instead. Those two bozo blahlahs wanted to flex like a bunch of idiots and now are going to prison good, cause actions have to have consequences or its chaos.

Unfortunately that poor haole is forever marked by the extended community of local friends/family and probably will have to move. Everyone loses fro no good reason

Meanwhile some other idiot was just arrested for firebombing a bunch of houses in waianae with molotov cocktails. Looks like the same thing looking at the home owners shown on TV just up another level. I guess the guy must of studied history of what they do in the deep south when they don't want you around the neighborhood.

Reactions: JBerry

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
WOW Leimert park is $1.3M??! Granted I went to college in LA 20+ years ago, but Wow.
My friend grew up in Echo Park in the late 70s early 80s when it was the hood.

He talked all about it to his kids about how dangerous echo park was. He finally got the opportunity to take them there last year and it was all nice. Blew his mind. His kids lold and didnt believe his stories.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I have like 5 friends of hispanic descent (one is a Japanese/hispanic mix) that are just nasty, loud and belligerent island locals. All out of Ventucky. I was staying with a haole friend over there a few years back and he's going "how do you know these people?!?!?" According to him they were some of the scariest MFers on the Island. One I tried to pick a fight with. (I hadn't seen him in 20 years) He went from threatening me in pigin so thick I could barely understand him to college educated whispers of "You can't talk to me like that around here..." when he finally recognized me. :roflmao:

O'rale vatto!!
I have a guey from San Diego who's on Molokai now

he seems pretty well integrated...he says I can visit

somehow more scared of that than visiting ogro in cartelville

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
I have a guey from San Diego who's on Molokai now

he seems pretty well integrated...he says I can visit

somehow more scared of that than visiting ogro in cartelville
Molokai folks have a storied history of battling the US of A for the island of Kaho'olawe and getting it returned to it's people of Hawaii. Not sure if the pitched resonance still applies but they've removed the Super Ferry and Norwegian Cruise Lines from being able to visit "their Island." Tight community, small island, Halawa Valley is beautiful and serene, west side surfing can be fun. Local Dr. Emmet, is an old Friend and participant of the earlier movement. I have relatives there that I have never met. Covid is a bitch, when wanting to just travel ~

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
I have a few friends from Molokai and used to go hunting and fishing there all the time. Davis and Kaawa families. It was a blast and I was treated with full on aloha. Had a chance to take a teaching job there and live in those little teachers cottages by the post office in Kaunakakai but I passed. Aloha also means goodbye!

Last edited:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Best Molokai story I've heard is two Californian pro surfers are on the island in the early 90s. They have a filmer and are videoing on the West side sandbars. Nobody on the beach for miles in each direction. Beat up old pick up truck pulls up near the filmer. Local gets out with a longboard and a 5gal bucket. Paddles out with the 5gal bucket on the front of the longboard. Paddles up right behind the two guys and dumps out the bucket full of pig guts, then catches a wave in and drives away.

I also heard about wild west type shoot outs in the 70s regarding marijuana farming on the island. Cannot confirm.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
They did. Article said they bought sight unseen.

I have a hard time buying the sick wife claim. People with a sick spouse with something like MS don't buy properties sight unseen and just decide to move there. Especially when they have children. They also don't carry a gun and put up security cameras. He had to have known he was in the wrong part of town if he felt the need to carry a gun and have cameras.

My guess is he was doing what people who buy things sight unseen do. Trying to flip it into a money making operation.
Violently attacking someone is not the answer, but Yeah, save the woe is me victim - just trying to fix up a lil ol house in Hawaii on the beach with my sick wife.... you got multiple security cameras and carrying a firearm illegally (I'm assuming he wasn't licensed in Hawaii as he just moved there).

You're going to fix up that haggard roof yourself? And the deck? With your sick wife and kids in the house? Riiiiiight.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Violently attacking someone is not the answer, but Yeah, save the woe is me victim - just trying to fix up a lil ol house in Hawaii on the beach with my sick wife.... you got multiple security cameras and carrying a firearm illegally (I'm assuming he wasn't licensed in Hawaii as he just moved there).

You're going to fix up that haggard roof yourself? And the deck? With your sick wife and kids in the house? Riiiiiight.
There is almost always more to the story in thsese situations.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii

In this article he references the gun.

Also references that his wife and kids were, "still on the mainland waiting for the house to be reconstructed."

Doesn't sound like a modest, live-in fixer upper situation... more like taking bids on a mini airbnb hotel. lol.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Who was selling the house? An ex local? Bank repo?
Bank repo sounds correct; OP article says foreclosure. Dunno shite about real estate though.

Edit:
I had no idea Maui was so Soviet.

Hitting people in the head with shovels because they're coming to displace you for Lebensraum is a time-honored tradition. At least Maui is truly paradisiacal. Imagine doing such in the frozen ruins of Stalingrad.

Last edited: