What you gonna buy with that stimulus?

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Got the first check, way back when. Tried the new, "where my $$$" app that is up and the prompt kept coming back telling me that my SS# wasn't valid. :bricks: .... phuckers! .... :roflmao:

• Dislike
Reactions: JBerry

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Did you have to apply for it? I had to enter my bank info to an IRS website last time.
It just showed up in the mail. Strange, looked like a solicitation. It's called and EIP Card.
Economic Impact Payment Card. Comes from some strange bank in Georgia. I gotta tell you, my wife and I were and still are a bit leary about it. Seems legit though. the doughs there on the debit card and the total adds up to what we thought we'd get.
For 2019 I used turbo tax software for the first time ever. Which is why I think I got this debit card. Prior years I used a CPA and it went direct deposit to our account. We have friends in the same town who's went direct deposit.
I kinda want to spend the money fast in case it is a scam....:bricks:

Reactions: grapedrink

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
In my hood, looks like there are new mailbox thefts happening. Theives are looking for these debit card stimulus payments. So, I'd advise you if you are expecting one, to check your mail daily asap.

Reactions: Driftcoast

ZZ Soft Top

Nep status
Sep 22, 2013
Manta Sonica
I received mine a little over a week ago via DD which I have set up through the IRS for tax refunds in the past. I put half in savings and used the other half to pay off my CC balance that month. Super fun.

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
It just showed up in the mail. Strange, looked like a solicitation. It's called and EIP Card.
Economic Impact Payment Card. Comes from some strange bank in Georgia. I gotta tell you, my wife and I were and still are a bit leary about it. Seems legit though. the doughs there on the debit card and the total adds up to what we thought we'd get.
For 2019 I used turbo tax software for the first time ever. Which is why I think I got this debit card. Prior years I used a CPA and it went direct deposit to our account. We have friends in the same town who's went direct deposit.

DUDE!
i got that debit card in the mail last week, it looked phony as chit so i threw it away! :confused:
Seriously, that thing did NOT look legit and i thought they have yet to pass the new stimulus??

• Wow
Reactions: JBerry

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Was is from the country of Georgia or the state? If the former, then yeah, probably a scam

• Haha
Reactions: ZZ Soft Top

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Got the first check, way back when. Tried the new, "where my $$$" app that is up and the prompt kept coming back telling me that my SS# wasn't valid. :bricks: .... phuckers! .... :roflmao:
yeah... turns out you lived too long. heard they stopped recognizing the old 7 digit socials first of the year.

:roflmao:

• Haha

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Seems to be meth and H here. I should probably stop getting drunk and watching New Jack City!
Seems to be meth and H here. I should probably stop getting drunk and watching New Jack City!
Sada Cruz... For me???? Gas.... So I can travel. Maybe In'N Out...

I have a dozen trips lined up. Most into Nevada. Old restored cabins. Mining sites, hot springs.

Jarbidge. The most remotest town in the lower 48 states. In Northeast Nevada. A 4 1/2 hour drive one way to the nearest town. Twin Falls Idaho. tshuabits is the original Shoshonee indian name.

Means the place of the Cannibal Giants. Taboo... the Shoshonees shunned this area. But gold was found there. Squatch is here.

The Jarbidge wilderness. This place is an example of what Yellowstone today will be. It was an ancient Yellowstone that exploded 30 million years ago. Deep canyons. The Jarbidge and Bruneo rivers. A lot of volcanic rock and caves...

Last edited:

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I got a credit card in the mail. Set up my account and bam, $0.50 instantly taken from the bank and an email that said my email changed, so I withdrew $580. So now it's like one of those sucky gift cards where you gotta buy a pack of gum and 2 sticks of deodorant and still give up a pocket full of change. It used to be that you could over-max them at the gas station but I think you need like $50 balance for it to even register now at the pump. I don't really need it and only qualify because of my taxes like a lot of people so it's pretty stupid. Free IRA contribution.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Could really use this stimulus thing at this point, after six weeks forced out of work and the whole six weeks with no response from edd (stupid id.me verification thing is buggy crap, and stuck on emailing me "we'll get to you one day")
Of course, that being the case, I have not seen a dime of the stimulus either, and the website gives me a "we're working on it" put off message.

But hey, "we're all in this together" :rolleyes: :LOL:

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
Just got ours in the mail today, a debit card.
All loaded up! Now, to figure out what to do with it.....
Who's got a good meaningful charity to donate to?

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
^good find!
Had me worried there for a minute, ours that came does indeed look just like that and has all of the stated info that its supposed to, so I guess its real? HA! wish I would have gotten the direct deposit again, but beggars can't be choosers right? :shaka:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I haven't got a rent check from my tenants in 10 months.
Never rent to siblings. It's impossible to evict them without ruining Christmas.
Lesson learned. :foreheadslap:
Way back in college, an older friend of mine told me three things that have stuck with me in life.

Never date someone you work with.
Never rent to family or friends.
Never loan money to family or friends unless you don't want it back.

Despite his advice, being a horny know-it-all college geek, I decided to make a move on the new marketing director at our office in SLO. She was bonified crazy but so hot. A year later after we split, it made work so ridiculously awkward for not just us, but our co-workers too, I eventually quit. I should have listened to my friend.

:foreheadslap:

Reactions: keenfish and Kaido