Surfboards, Surfing and Politics

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
I was giving you the examples of business' I'd boycott and why.

Most corporations donate to both republicans and democrats.
That's not a problem for me.

I like how you conveniently skipped the Toyota 2020 donations as your argument crumbled. lololo

Greg Griffin is a turd, why would I give him my money?

There are so many good shapers out there, who I LOVE to support, why give my money to a person like Greg? It's not like I'm missing out by not riding flat bottom boards. :roflmao:
So you think - So much hostility posted daily by yourself

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I like how you conveniently skipped the Toyota 2020 donations as your argument crumbled. lololo
I didn't skip 2020. Eye balling the bar chart it looks like about 650 thousand went to the Republicans. 2018 was another 600 thousand and 2016 was around 400 thousand. So let's round that down to like $1,600,000 going from Toyota to the Republican party since 2016. 2014 they donated another 200 thousand to the Rs. But whatever.

Does the truck have a left turn signal on it?

:dancing:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
victimhood is never a good look on a gentleman

even my children know they are solely responsible for their words and actions

Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
So you think - So much hostility posted daily by yourself
Hostility towards the hostile is not hostility.

Just like not tolerating the intolerant is not intolerance.

I like how 3-4 posters here consistently pretend like they don't say the most vile and hostile things and are attacked for no reason whatsoever.

Just like Trump. Self-awareness retarded.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Hostility towards the hostile is not hostility.

Just like not tolerating the intolerant is not intolerance.

I like how 3-4 posters here consistently pretend like they don't say the most vile and hostile things and are attacked for no reason whatsoever.

Just like Trump. Self-awareness retarded.
Ok. Then what is it?

Coming from the erBB resident poster boy for all things tolerance related... :roflmao:

Name the three posters you are referring to, don’t be coy.

The design and construction of a surfboard is a craft. I look to the most qualified craftsman for that. I wouldn’t select a less qualified craftsman because of his/her political leanings. For the same reason I wouldn’t select a shitty politician to represent me because they are an accomplished craftsman. Apples and oranges.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Ok. Then what is it?

Coming from the erBB resident poster boy for all things tolerance related... :roflmao:

Name the three posters you are referring to, don’t be coy.

The design and construction of a surfboard is a craft. I look to the most qualified craftsman for that. I wouldn’t select a less qualified craftsman because of his/her political leanings. For the same reason I wouldn’t select a shitty politician to represent me because they are an accomplished craftsman. Apples and oranges.
Who is the most qualified surfboard builder today?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
my buddy goes on and on about his Pyzel.
I used to go on and on about my Nevs 30 years ago, until I finally got a dog. We're talking pre fin systems.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Yes, I own a lost and it goes good. Used to ride CIs and the Merricks are hardcore god botherers
Dave Pu'u use to shape my boards as grom and teen first under Spindrift then solo under his name Morning Star. The whole family was religious and help run Dave's shop but always gave me killer deals.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Right, because there are so few "qualified craftsmen" that you just have to buy sh!t boards if you don't want to buy them from assholes.

There are hundreds of great shapers who are not assholes.

Thanks for your concern.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woke AF

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Yeah I think Jesus said that.

That‘s so profoundly wrong I can’t believe you finished writing the sentence. Hostility is always hostility. Aren’t you the one that is always talking about de-escalation of conflict? Hey, why mediate when you can escalate right?
Yeah people should have been less hostile towards Hitler.

So much intolerance.

Reactions: afoaf

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Dave Pu'u use to shape my boards as grom and teen first under Spindrift then solo under his name Morning Star. The whole family was religious and help run Dave's shop but always gave me killer deals.
I had a few of those in the late 80's. Went ok, but not my favorite. I don't think the jesus fish was to blame.

Also had a really good Byrning Spears board from Hamish Graham around that time. The thing went insane but was as fragile as an egg. Too expensive to go back though.

I wonder what surfers would do if jewish shapers put the star of david on their boards. Does this happen? My guess is that jesus-lovers wouldn't be thrilled.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I wonder what surfers would do if jewish shapers put the star of david on their boards. Does this happen? My guess is that jesus-lovers wouldn't be thrilled.
I also presume that Foundation Skateboards didn't sell many decks in Israel.