*** Official Right wingers storm US Capitol Building Thread ***

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
With felonies under their belts I’m guessing they’ll no longer be able to own guns or vote. 2 birds 1 stone. :roflmao: :loser:
Florida passed a ballot initiative giving felons the franchise. Of course, then they said any debts have to be paid as well, and it's pretty hard to prove you don't have any outstanding debt, so maybe this is what we need in Florida to get DeSantis and the GOP out of their own way?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
would not be at all surprised if someone finds video/audio of a Trump terrorist yelling "Pelosi's not in the chambers", with a time stamp that immediately follows Boebert's tweet about Pelosi's wherebouts. and there you will have it.
and the Trumpanzees will disregard the evidence as they always do

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I keep wondering what to make of the fact that basically all of those storming the Capitol were white.

It's almost like MAGA is a white thing.

Is West still Best?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Did the Trump terrorists have help? don't know how credible this guy is, but credible enough for the AJC:

Some of our best people.

It's not surprising that kooks from Arizona are at the forefront. Watching your state turn blue must be hard, and it seems reflective of the movement as a whole.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
and the Trumpanzees will disregard the evidence as they always do
their opinions - and feelings - no longer matter. re: Boebert - certainly a candidate for the 14th amendment, if not actual criminal prosecution.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
that's some bulshit.
the military has a sworn duty to protect the constitution.
If they determine an insurrection and sedition is taking place, I hope to fck they recognize the threat before it is too late.
There is a very high bar for how the military can engage in domestic affairs. You don't want the military declaring they need to "protect the constitution" and inserting themselves into domestic affairs of their own accord. It is very weird that a lawyer would be using them as an appeal to authority.

the point was stupid ifallalot wanted to play stupid word games and he was stupid wrong

you're kind of casa_mugrienta'ing this one and coming in midway, sniping at an aside not
germane to the crux of the argument
Is this from a few pages back? I was responding to the lawyer tweet about the joint chiefs statement.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Time Magazine: When Rioting Is The Answser

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can urban riots cause change? It’s a bit of a paradox. As Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., said in 1968, “I think that we’ve got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard.” Sometimes it takes a riot to bring attention to needed change. Unfortunately, the new action often comes as a reaction to old pain.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it. The left feel that rioting is justified.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

Can urban riots cause change? It’s a bit of a paradox. As Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., said in 1968, “I think that we’ve got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard.” Sometimes it takes a riot to bring attention to needed change. Unfortunately, the new action often comes as a reaction to old pain.

It is shame you are a mentally ill shut in, you could have been arrested with the rest of your ilk and finally get the help you need.

Last edited:

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
It's becoming clear that the assault on the Capitol last week was well-planned. Here are a few of the latest findings:

so we go from well planned, to planned in real time in terms of narrative in those two pieces, but what I'm seeing is a bunch of morons that managed to get inside and now have no idea what to do or what their goal is beyond some high level slogans.

For sure we should prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law, but this is the polar opposite of "well planned".

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009

you can't even spell answer.