*** Official Right wingers storm US Capitol Building Thread ***

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I'm not objecting to the words, I'm objecting to a lawyer trying to cite the opinions of the Joint Chiefs as some sort of legitimate ruling on basically anything related to domestic politics, legislation or legal proceedings. They have no role to play here, unless we go down the dark road of the executive branch trying to call them into the fray.
that's some bulshit.
the military has a sworn duty to protect the constitution.
If they determine an insurrection and sedition is taking place, I hope to fck they recognize the threat before it is too late.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I'm not objecting to the words, I'm objecting to a lawyer trying to cite the opinions of the Joint Chiefs as some sort of legitimate ruling on basically anything related to domestic politics, legislation or legal proceedings. They have no role to play here, unless we go down the dark road of the executive branch trying to call them into the fray.
the point was stupid ifallalot wanted to play stupid word games and he was stupid wrong

you're kind of casa_mugrienta'ing this one and coming in midway, sniping at an aside not
germane to the crux of the argument

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
My Spidey senses are tingling... I believe this may be a TWAP!!

1610558221172.png

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
My guess is the Military was making it clear it was a clean election, there will be a new commander in chief and a peaceful transfer of power.

This was from the speech before the failed coup:

Thank you. I’d love to have, if those tens of thousands of people would be allowed, the military, the secret service, and we want to thank you, and the police law enforcement. Great. You’re doing a great job, but I’d love it if they could be allowed to come up here with us. Is that possible?

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Say what?
It was a bad joke Hal. Don't stress.

Billy Bob: "Hey lookie there ain't nobody around outside that thar capitol Leroy! We can take it back!"

Leroy: "Why I do believe yer right Billy Bob! Let's bust down the doors and take 'er!!

Gunfire/hilarity ensues. See it was a trap. And it's never a good sign when you have to explain a joke.

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
It was a bad joke Hal. Don't stress.

Billy Bob: "Hey lookie there ain't nobody around outside that thar capitol Leroy! We can take it back!"

Leroy: "Why I do you believe yer right Billy Bob! Let's bust down the doors and take 'er!!

Gunfire/hilarity ensues. See it was a trap. And it's never a good sign when you have to explain a joke.
i figured it was a joke, but jokes also require some irony and also some funny.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
what Hal said ^

1/7/21 - he wanted to make lawmakers "think twice about what they're doing" and to be left "shaking in their shoes."
A retired U.S. Navy SEAL is facing questions from the FBI after boasting in a Facebook video about "breaching the Capitol" last Wednesday after traveling to Washington to join a rally for President Donald Trump, an assault he said in the video that he hoped would ignite a "positive revolution."

The video shows Adam Newbold, 45, from Lisbon, Ohio, who the Navy confirmed is a retired reserve SEAL special warfare operator, in a car on his return home from Washington, telling his Facebook followers that he was "proud" of the assault on the U.S. Capitol building earlier that day.
1/12/21 - "I would like to express to you just a cry for clemency, as you understand that my life now has been absolutely turned upside-down," Newbold told ABC News. "I am not a terrorist. I am not a traitor."

well, yeah, you are both. i hope these guys lose everything - their freedom, their pensions, VA benefits, everything.:cursing:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
1/7/21 - he wanted to make lawmakers "think twice about what they're doing" and to be left "shaking in their shoes."

1/12/21 - "I would like to express to you just a cry for clemency, as you understand that my life now has been absolutely turned upside-down," Newbold told ABC News. "I am not a terrorist. I am not a traitor."

well, yeah, you are both. i hope these guys lose everything - their freedom, their pensions, VA benefits, everything.:cursing:

amen

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
what Hal said ^

Is anyone surprised that people who never face consequences change their tune when they finally have to face consequences?

Reactions: sirfun and mundus

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Reactions: GWS_2

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
i’ll wait until the big news outlets report on this before engaging in this type of speculation
It seems like a weird thing to focus on too - like, if it's an inside job, wouldn't you just not answer the call rather than rip the buttons out beforehand?

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
i’ll wait until the big news outlets report on this before engaging in this type of speculation
It's becoming clear that the assault on the Capitol last week was well-planned. Here are a few of the latest findings:

As people rushed out of other buildings on the Capitol grounds, staffers in Pressley's office barricaded the entrance with furniture and water jugs that had piled up during the pandemic. Groh pulled out gas masks and looked for the special panic buttons in the office.
"Every panic button in my office had been torn out — the whole unit," she said, though they could come up with no rationale as to why. She had used them before and hadn't switched offices since then.
the links are big news ops.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
With felonies under their belts I’m guessing they’ll no longer be able to own guns or vote. 2 birds 1 stone. :roflmao: :loser: