*** Official Right wingers storm US Capitol Building Thread ***

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Perhaps Marc Elias, despite apparently being a lawyer, needs a civics refresher. The military has no bearing on this shitshow, so it seems weird to have a lawyer citing the Joint Chiefs as any sort of authority on legal matters.
seems like more of a message to the troops.
How many of the crimes committed over the summer involved breaking into, vandalism of, and threats against the Capitol of the United States of America (and its congress-people)?
This. Imho, what's happening now - the rise of Trump terrorism - is an entirely different threat level than BLM/Antifa/whomever and everything that happened last summer. The Trump terrorists are a nationwide, direct, and immediate threat to everybody, right now.

Reactions: tacos

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
given the likely fuckery at the convention and copious amounts of RNC rule changes between now and then, let's go with whatever the RNC determines the final delegate count to be at the end of the 2024 Republican Convention.

How much and in what denomination? Should we pick some type of crypto to make it wildly risky or trivial?
We pick crypto I fkn swear we'll both buy Doge coin, plan to hodl for four years, it will fkn moonshot, we'll be cracking jokes about who is going to win a family sedan for three fkn years and Winter/Spring 2024, some whoreson in Romania or someplace we've never heard of like Wuhan, except not actually Wuhan specifically, will jack all our Doge coin from Coinbase or whatever exchange we used as our personal long term piggybank/effective Escrow.

Romney is basically Jeb with 10x the money and 1/10th the flex. When some surfer running a Hollywood casting agency just needs a totally feckless utensil, the guy is like "I want Jeb Bush, but nowhere near as rebellious. Like, Jeb is waaaay too Chris Ward for this" and then everyone's brow furrows, one person's grill brightens, and they're all, "Mitt Romney" and then the person running the meeting is all Ari Gold, shouting for LLOYD to get him Romney's agent.

If you can convince me a cryptocurrency will be around in four years and we won't be haggling over the thousandths place like Bitcoin I'm down. Ripple's 30 cents and it seems like "they" make more of it when it gets bought up because it's used for bank transfers? Chainlink is just under $14, 2 of those maybe? Neo isn't listed on Coinbase and I haven't checked Bittrex.

Ethereum Classic is worth seven bucks but it might go to zero even before the erBB.

PS Biden's pick for SEC chair sounds crypto-friendly at a glance.

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
absolutely not a surprise and I'm glad they are doing so

Maybe I didn't understand your initial response. I think that if the various layers of Federal, State and Local police had thoroughly and consistently arrested, charged and prosecuted people causing mayhem (ie serious crimes, not failure to disperse or violating curfew etc.) in 2020 that we wouldn't have had this shitshow on 1/6/2021. Do you agree or disagree with that?
I agree for the most part.

However, I do not think that the crimes are equal or proportional (possibly aside from the police precinct being burnt down). I’m not here to debate the morality of smashing a Starbucks window—just that the “serious” crimes over the summer (aside from the precinct) do not compare to Jan 6th— and I mean that in terms of the eye of the law. I guess if it’s a matter of opinion...then that’s where I stand.

And sorry, one more rhetorical question for my point: if what happened on 1/6 occurred both at the Capitol in DC and at a state Capitol building (with state assembly inside)—which would elicit a harsher response from law enforcement? They were messin’ with the national Capitol of a world superpower.

Reactions: the janitor

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
I agree for the most part.

However, I do not think that the crimes are equal or proportional (possibly aside from the police precinct being burnt down). I’m not here to debate the morality of smashing a Starbucks window—just that the “serious” crimes over the summer (aside from the precinct) do not compare to Jan 6th— and I mean that in terms of the eye of the law. I guess if it’s a matter of opinion...then that’s where I stand.

And sorry, one more rhetorical question for my point: if what happened on 1/6 occurred both at the Capitol in DC and at a state Capitol building (with state assembly inside)—which would elicit a harsher response from law enforcement? They were messin’ with the national Capitol of a world superpower.
I'd say it depends on the State in question.

California - they get arrested, charged, convicted and sentenced to enforce community standards on Twitter for 5 years before being released early due to Covid.

Alaska, Wyoming, Texas etc. they all die either in shootouts or falling down the stairs of one story buildings.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
If you can convince me a cryptocurrency will be around in four years and we won't be haggling over the thousandths place like Bitcoin I'm down. Ripple's 30 cents and it seems like "they" make more of it when it gets bought up because it's used for bank transfers? Chainlink is just under $14, 2 of those maybe? Neo isn't listed on Coinbase and I haven't checked Bittrex.
Maybe we both buy $30 of the same coin nowish and then use r32 as escrow holder (and High Selector of the Coin)? He doesn't drink so he'll probably still be around.

• Haha
Reactions: r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
am I in the right thread?

ADA, ETH, LTC, LINK if I was forced to hodl.

ETH, LTC, LINK available everywhere.
ADA available at Binance.US and Kraken.

Bittrex volume sucks. They are also named in lawsuit against Ripple so there some uncertainty there. They have a beautiful UI though. If I had to pick a place to hodl a low amount, I'd go with Binance.US which also had a nice app.

Check coins here for data such as circulating supply, total supply, market cap ranking, etc.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Reactions: hal9000

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
so if we each send you $30 worth of ETH do you promise to settle the bet from the Moon or Mars or wherever you end up in 4 years?
One thing I thought of - bet is off if Trump runs. There is no way I'm losing money because Cruz and Hawley are obsequious cucks to Orange Daddy, and since my primary prediction is Trump runs and wins in 2024, and I think he'll clear the field, except for some RINO antifa false flag plants like Romney and Sasse, and probably Romney would get a couple delegates from the Utah cuckus.

• Haha

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Romney is basically Jeb with 10x the money and 1/10th the flex. When some surfer running a Hollywood casting agency just needs a totally feckless utensil, the guy is like "I want Jeb Bush, but nowhere near as rebellious. Like, Jeb is waaaay too Chris Ward for this" and then everyone's brow furrows, one person's grill brightens, and they're all, "Mitt Romney" and then the person running the meeting is all Ari Gold, shouting for LLOYD to get him Romney's agent.
:ROFLMAO:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
One thing I thought of - bet is off if Trump runs. There is no way I'm losing money because Cruz and Hawley are obsequious cucks to Orange Daddy, and since my primary prediction is Trump runs and wins in 2024, and I think he'll clear the field, except for some RINO antifa false flag plants like Romney and Sasse, and probably Romney would get a couple delegates from the Utah cuckus.
in Other words, I only want to bet if certain conditions are met. That’s not a real bet.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
in Other words, I only want to bet if certain conditions are met. That’s not a real bet.
Fucknugget YOU were the one who pointed out afoaf and Surfdog's pleb understanding of the technicalities of the law invalidated their bet.

Now you expect me to step right into an obvious L? The spirit of the bet is which direction the GOP goes AFTER Trump. If it's not AFTER Trump, I might be risking my money, to a goddamn Barner in Marin fucking County how the actual fuck, and costing myself an opportunity to wear a pope hat and get my balls figuratively sucked on the erBB.

Speaking of pope hat, do you ever ready that twitter? I don't like twitter but sometimes @popehat has some posts I enjoy.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
Bet is off if Trump runs as a Republican or Trump runs for any party?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Perhaps Marc Elias, despite apparently being a lawyer, needs a civics refresher. The military has no bearing on this shitshow, so it seems weird to have a lawyer citing the Joint Chiefs as any sort of authority on legal matters.
hey, Andy Ngo, the DOJ is pursuing "significant felony cases tied to sedition and conspiracy"...

you dummies want to keep playing stupid word games?

I think that if the various layers of Federal, State and Local police had thoroughly and consistently arrested, charged and prosecuted people causing mayhem (ie serious crimes, not failure to disperse or violating curfew etc.) in 2020 that we wouldn't have had this shitshow on 1/6/2021.
I think that they did and I think the point being made is a red herring

the day-of looters down here got rolled once the footy was reviewed

the guys who burned down the police station were arrested (white nationalists)

the reality is that, as has been stated publicly by multiple LE agencies, that the racial
injustice protests were largely nonviolent.

you're on a snipe hunt to explain away really bad behavior. I think that is pretty whack.

what did or did not happen in Portland does NOT justify violent breach of the congress

Last edited:
Reactions: sirfun

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
hey, Andy Ngo, the DOJ is pursuing "significant felony cases tied to sedition and conspiracy"...

you dummies want to keep playing stupid word games?
I'm not objecting to the words, I'm objecting to a lawyer trying to cite the opinions of the Joint Chiefs as some sort of legitimate ruling on basically anything related to domestic politics, legislation or legal proceedings. They have no role to play here, unless we go down the dark road of the executive branch trying to call them into the fray.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Bet is off if Trump runs as a Republican or Trump runs for any party?
Republican party; I can't see Trump not co-opting the GOP for his purposes. I mean if all you have to do is outwit Reince Preibus and you get half the country and their political party, I don't see him doing the legwork himself.

Plus it's kind of throwing you a bone here; not that I'm a Stu-level killjoy but even I have limits as to how far I'm willing to rig this. Bimini twist to 100# fluoro and cable from the front of the skirt to the crimp on the hook; I mean sh!t is already rigged and ready to troll.

So yeah, Trump runs as the MAGA2 party nominee, takes all Cruz and Hawley voters, Romney (LOLOLOL) gets Utah's delegates, you win.