Surfboards, Surfing and Politics

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
So... you’re petty and immature.

As expected.

How about virtually everything else you buy?

Are you buying groceries from *gasp• Libertarians?!?!?

What kind of a car/truck do you drive? Toyota you say? Toyota contributed almost a million dollars to the Republican Party in 2020. Almost as much as Greg Griffin Contributed.
vote with your dollars where and whenever you can.

there are plenty of other shapers out there who are just as good if not better and who don’t act like arseholes.

Reactions: afoaf and Woke AF

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Thinking it over I would hold a grudge on other products besides surfboards for some reason.

Reactions: hal9000

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Why is it petty and immature if you don’t want to support a business that actively tries to do harm upon others?

I like gay people more than Chick-fil-A sandwiches.

I don't feel like giving my money to people who are going out of their way to be assholes to others.

How many My Pillow Guy pillows do you have?

Sorry for being immature.
I bolded the part that makes you wrong, petty, and immature

Disagreement is not "active harm"

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Put the Griff fins in the Mayhem and put the Republicans up against the wall.
I'm almost positive I heard Limbaugh once when ordering a custom, and I, as an atheist, thoroughly enjoy these customs complete with Bible verse and fish.

I had a CI biscuit. When I went to unweight the board in an attempt to pump it in junky surf, its rails clung to the face like Conservatives cling to a whitewashed, romanticized vision of America's past. Someone else already pointed out the Merricks are religious. This CI, well, it was clear and dented easily, so exhibit A in white fragility.

The used Simon cost next to nothing and seemed pretty solid.

The used Mystic, I dunno what Dunlop's politics are. White dude, older than me, Jax Beach, all points to GOP. Mystic zen yoga buddha pose icon, well, that screams soyboy.

I don't know Marcio Zouvi's politics, but since I loaned my one Sharp Eye to a french dude and it fckng punched him in the face, I'm going to assume he's full send Bolsonaro.

The guy who shaped the Quiet Flight, the Natural Art, and the Ocean Avenue probably all Brevard County.

The Toobs guy, Morro Bay, not sure to ilk as rice or grapeboi.

The people who shaped the Mike Stewart Designs, full Chi Coms or Viet Cong or something.

Mike Slingerland, shaped a Surfboards Hawaii twin I learned on?

• Love
Reactions: Aruka

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Put the Griff fins in the Mayhem and put the Republicans up against the wall.
I'm almost positive I heard Limbaugh once when ordering a custom, and I, as an atheist, thoroughly enjoy these customs complete with Bible verse and fish.

I had a CI biscuit. When I went to unweight the board in an attempt to pump it in junky surf, its rails clung to the face like Conservatives cling to a whitewashed, romanticized vision of America's past. Someone else already pointed out the Merricks are religious. This CI, well, it was clear and dented easily, so exhibit A in white fragility.

The used Simon cost next to nothing and seemed pretty solid.

The used Mystic, I dunno what Dunlop's politics are. White dude, older than me, Jax Beach, all points to GOP. Mystic zen yoga buddha pose icon, well, that screams soyboy.

I don't know Marcio Zouvi's politics, but since I loaned my one Sharp Eye to a french dude and it fckng punched him in the face, I'm going to assume he's full send Bolsonaro.

The guy who shaped the Quiet Flight, the Natural Art, and the Ocean Avenue probably all Brevard County.

The Toobs guy, Morro Bay, not sure to ilk as rice or grapeboi.

The people who shaped the Mike Stewart Designs, full Chi Coms or Viet Cong or something.

Mike Slingerland, shaped a Surfboards Hawaii twin I learned on?
Don't forget John Carper. He even put the Christian fish symbol next to his signature on all of his boards. Every JC I ever had was a good board. Was it the fish symbol? Clearly the likes of Fecal would cancel that guy.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Don't forget John Carper. He even put the Christian fish symbol next to his signature on all of his boards. Every JC I ever had was a good board. Was it the fish symbol? Clearly the likes of Fecal would cancel that guy.
I was just running down the boars I owned and knew the shaper of; never had a JC.

How Christian are trumpers?
Plenty of self-professed Christians but there's like 350 million people in this country.

There's sh!t so obscure and wild people are trying to ride waves on SUPs with great big cell phone antennas on the bottom, and one of them even got burned by some guy longboarding with his dog.

I'm sure they were both work from home tech bros and not lifelong old school Santa 'Tude locals.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
how 'bout Honda.
Way more money to the Republicans than both Griffin and Biolas combined.
Why is it petty and immature if you don’t want to support a business that actively tries to do harm upon others?

I like gay people more than Chick-fil-A sandwiches.

I don't feel like giving my money to people who are going out of their way to be assholes to others.

How many My Pillow Guy pillows do you have?

Sorry for being immature.
"Actively do harm"

And then you woke up and realize you'd been making that up.

And I own no "My Pillow Guy pillows." I'm not much for buying stuff off late night TV infomercials.

How many Toyota Trucks do you own Mr. Maturity?

Is it just the one?

Last edited:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I still have a tufflite 6'8 Mel Machine pin tail that I've had since they came out. Got it to be my step up figuring it would be indestructable........and it was. My son now rides it occasionally in hurricane surf.

I had about half a dozen JCs through the years. All were good boards and the glass jobs were good in an era where a lot of boards were breaking.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
:roflmao:

I'll have to go out to the garage and ask my cars how they voted. The MBZ, I probably don't want to know. The '58 probably can't remember. Holy sh!t.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
There’s nothing wrong with shopping based on beliefs. It’s hard to do consistently.