*** Official Right wingers storm US Capitol Building Thread ***

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxbusiness.com/media/arrests-at-widespread-us-protests-hit-10000.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/number-of-arrests-capitol-riot-compared-blm-protests-chart-2021-1?amp

https://apnews.com/article/bb2404f9b13c8b53b94c73f818f6a0b7

From AP article:
“More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests decrying racism and police brutality in the wake of George Floyd’s death

The count has grown by the hundreds each day as protesters spilled into the streets and encountered a heavy police presence and curfews that give law enforcement stepped-up arrest powers.

.... Many of the arrests have been for low-level offenses such as curfew violations and failure to disperse. Hundreds were arrested on burglary and looting charges.”

Maybe?
details schmeetails.

Last edited:
Reactions: tacos

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxbusiness.com/media/arrests-at-widespread-us-protests-hit-10000.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/number-of-arrests-capitol-riot-compared-blm-protests-chart-2021-1?amp

https://apnews.com/article/bb2404f9b13c8b53b94c73f818f6a0b7

From AP article:
“More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests decrying racism and police brutality in the wake of George Floyd’s death

The count has grown by the hundreds each day as protesters spilled into the streets and encountered a heavy police presence and curfews that give law enforcement stepped-up arrest powers.

.... Many of the arrests have been for low-level offenses such as curfew violations and failure to disperse. Hundreds were arrested on burglary and looting charges.”

Maybe?
arrests are a top of funnel metric, I'm more interested in prosecutions and convictions. Many DAs around the country have decided not to pursue charges for various offenses, so those arrested face no consequences. For low level charges, I probably agree. For vandalism, burglary, looting assault etc. nope. Admittedly it will take time for the cases to get to trial, so the convictions will take some time. But even so, I'd say in general the response has not been aggressive investigation and prosecution of serious crimes surrounding the various protests on both sides of 2020.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Your foolish hyperbole never ceases to amaze me
damn, dog, did you call the Joint Chiefs to correct their hyperbole?!

• Haha
Reactions: sussle and One-Off

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens

you know, Lynn does NOT look very happy in this picture you sent....

I do like how you gave yourself massive pecs, shoulders, and biceps!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
damn, dog, did you call the Joint Chiefs to correct their hyperbole?!

BAAAAAHHHH!!! MILUHTAREEE INDUSTREEEEUL COMPLEKSSS!!!!

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Perhaps Marc Elias, despite apparently being a lawyer, needs a civics refresher. The military has no bearing on this shitshow, so it seems weird to have a lawyer citing the Joint Chiefs as any sort of authority on legal matters.
Perhaps we'll see about that.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
arrests are a top of funnel metric, I'm more interested in prosecutions and convictions. Many DAs around the country have decided not to pursue charges for various offenses, so those arrested face no consequences. For low level charges, I probably agree. For vandalism, burglary, looting assault etc. nope. Admittedly it will take time for the cases to get to trial, so the convictions will take some time. But even so, I'd say in general the response has not been aggressive investigation and prosecution of serious crimes surrounding the various protests on both sides of 2020.

How many of the crimes committed over the summer involved breaking into, vandalism of, and threats against the Capitol of the United States of America (and its congress-people)?

Reactions: afoaf and sussle

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
How many of the crimes committed over the summer involved breaking into, vandalism of, and threats against the Capitol of the United States of America (and its congress-people)?
I'm not sure if there were any, what's your point?

For Washington DC in general:

1,014 charges have been filed against the 737 individuals. These charges are in the following categories:
  • 395 (39%) Curfew Violations
  • 111 (11%): Felony Rioting (tumultuous and violent conduct with grave danger of or actual serious injury to persons or serious property damage)
  • 60 (6%): Burglary
  • 69 (7%): Assault on a police officer
  • 38 (3%): Other property crimes (damaging, receiving stolen)
  • 47 (5%): Unlawful entry
  • 51 (5%): Simple assaults and threats
  • 35 (3%): Resisting arrest
  • 72 (7%): Weapons violations
  • 136 (13%): Other (ADW, disorderly, riot misdemeanor, narcotics, traffic, release violations, arson, lewd, indecent, or obscene acts)

that apparently does not include the following individuals "The Metropolitan Police Department has obtained photo and video footage of numerous individuals committing criminal acts in Washington, DC."

there's also this:

followed by this

Last edited:
Reactions: tacos

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W

For Washington DC in general:

1,014 charges have been filed against the 737 individuals. These charges are in the following categories:
  • 395 (39%) Curfew Violations
  • 111 (11%): Felony Rioting (tumultuous and violent conduct with grave danger of or actual serious injury to persons or serious property damage)
  • 60 (6%): Burglary
  • 69 (7%): Assault on a police officer
  • 38 (3%): Other property crimes (damaging, receiving stolen)
  • 47 (5%): Unlawful entry
  • 51 (5%): Simple assaults and threats
  • 35 (3%): Resisting arrest
  • 72 (7%): Weapons violations
  • 136 (13%): Other (ADW, disorderly, riot misdemeanor, narcotics, traffic, release violations, arson, lewd, indecent, or obscene acts)

that apparently does not include the following individuals "The Metropolitan Police Department has obtained photo and video footage of numerous individuals committing criminal acts in Washington, DC."

there's also this:

followed by this

and they're just getting started.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
and they're just getting started.
I should clarify, the vast majority of the arrests I listed are for 2020, here is the subset for 2021:

January 2021: There were 83 unrest-related arrests, comprised of:

• 1: Thursday afternoon 12/31 into Friday morning 01/01 (0 juveniles)
  • 2: Monday afternoon 01/04 into Tuesday morning 01/05 (0 juveniles)
  • 10: Tuesday afternoon 01/05 into Wednesday morning 01/06 (0 juveniles)
  • 69: Wednesday afternoon 01/06 into Thursday morning 01/07 (1 juvenile)
  • 1: Friday afternoon 1/8 into Sunday morning 01/09 (0 juvenile)

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
the average finishing place, by delegate count in the 2024 GOP Primary, I (Sharkbiscuit) get Cruz + Hawley, you (the janitor) get Romney + Sasse, we sum the delegates between each of our duos, bigger pile wins
This is the world's easiest money. Any technical things on the delegate count? Like, the Winner-take-all primaries should be easy enough, but what about the caucuses that wind up proportionally allocated? What if Romney (CHORTLE) wins a primary somewhere other than Utah (guffaw) but someone's delegates try to pull a Ron Paul and try to get themselves made delegates, but then be faithless at the convention and go for a different candidate?

Should it be Fox News or CNN or FiveThirtyEight's tally instead of the GOP's?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I can't believe you are giving me the previous go-round's runner up and Hawley and you get some living fossil - the male Mormon Susan Collins, and Ben Sasse.

LOL

Be careful. Might find yourself Ben. Might get it up the Sasse.

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
My point is that the crimes are different in severity with regards to the law, hence the response by the FBI for Jan 6 vs mostly by DC metro for the summer events. The US Capitol building was breached with congresspeople inside, with threats (direct, implied, or violent rhetoric) against these persons, vandalism, and violence against Capitol police. I hate to use another rhetorical question to make my point but I’m tired and lazy right now, so: is it any surprise that an attack (for lack of a better word) on the Capitol elicited an aggressive response for justice by the FBI?

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
This is the world's easiest money. Any technical things on the delegate count? Like, the Winner-take-all primaries should be easy enough, but what about the caucuses that wind up proportionally allocated? What if Romney (CHORTLE) wins a primary somewhere other than Utah (guffaw) but someone's delegates try to pull a Ron Paul and try to get themselves made delegates, but then be faithless at the convention and go for a different candidate?

Should it be Fox News or CNN or FiveThirtyEight's tally instead of the GOP's?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I can't believe you are giving me the previous go-round's runner up and Hawley and you get some living fossil - the male Mormon Susan Collins, and Ben Sasse.

LOL

Be careful. Might find yourself Ben. Might get it up the Sasse.
given the likely fuckery at the convention and copious amounts of RNC rule changes between now and then, let's go with whatever the RNC determines the final delegate count to be at the end of the 2024 Republican Convention.

How much and in what denomination? Should we pick some type of crypto to make it wildly risky or trivial?

• Wow
Reactions: rice

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
My point is that the crimes are different in severity with regards to the law, hence the response by the FBI for Jan 6 vs mostly by DC metro for the summer events. The US Capitol building was breached with congresspeople inside, with threats (direct, implied, or violent rhetoric) against these persons, vandalism, and violence against Capitol police. I hate to use another rhetorical question to make my point but I’m tired and lazy right now, so: is it any surprise that an attack (for lack of a better word) on the Capitol elicited an aggressive response for justice by the FBI?
absolutely not a surprise and I'm glad they are doing so

Maybe I didn't understand your initial response. I think that if the various layers of Federal, State and Local police had thoroughly and consistently arrested, charged and prosecuted people causing mayhem (ie serious crimes, not failure to disperse or violating curfew etc.) in 2020 that we wouldn't have had this shitshow on 1/6/2021. Do you agree or disagree with that?