*** Official Right wingers storm US Capitol Building Thread ***

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
going after everybody, as well they should. i expect a lot of plea bargains - i doubt most of these terrorists have the resources or the stomach to fight the G, particularly when they're mostly all caught on video.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I was slinging fish this weekend and Monday was a shitshow, so pardon my interMITTent and Sasse responses

so how do we F.R.A.M.E. this up? I'm saying I think the relatively sane Rs that have opposed Trump on dumb things and supported him on the relatively scant few times he had a policy with merit will be the ones that run the party agenda moving forward.

I can't remember who you thought would take the helm?
Below are some of my suggestions from that post. I am not open to whoever is going to win leadership elections or any of that. I am talking about who the GOP primary voter wants to see, and the 2024 primary, or possibly an Iowa straw poll, or some such, is the type of thing I'm thinking of.

I can come up with something like, neither Romney nor Sasse will be in the top 3 delegate counts for the 2024 GOP Primary, or the average finishing place, by delegate count in the 2024 GOP Primary, I get Cruz + Hawley, you get Romney + Sasse, we sum the place finish, divide by two, lower number wins, or sum the delegates between each of our duos, bigger pile wins, or....

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
you really think there’s the political will at the state level (especially in red states) to round these assholes up?
If you are talking about the assholes from 2020 (which I was), history has already weighed in with a resounding NO*

If you are talking about the assholes from last week, so far it looks like a resounding yes

* edit - with the exception of the Michigan kidnap the Governor plot

Last edited:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
yes, AFTER the fact, but these assholes were starting sh!t for months leading up to this
i know, but everybody knows what anarchy looks like now. fwiw, i thought the plot to kidnap the Michigan Gov, clumsy as it was, did not get nearly attention and outrage that it should have. and there was some kind of armed thing in the Portland Statehouse as well, no?

the point is that this stuff is terrorism - attempting to intimidate, subvert, and impact the political process by force or implied threat thereof - and i think the tolerance for it just evaporated at all levels.

edit: they might also find that a lot of the problem children from across the country are already in time-out from the DC attack.

Last edited:

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
Below are some of my suggestions from that post. I am not open to whoever is going to win leadership elections or any of that. I am talking about who the GOP primary voter wants to see, and the 2024 primary, or possibly an Iowa straw poll, or some such, is the type of thing I'm thinking of.

I can come up with something like, neither Romney nor Sasse will be in the top 3 delegate counts for the 2024 GOP Primary, or the average finishing place, by delegate count in the 2024 GOP Primary, I get Cruz + Hawley, you get Romney + Sasse, we sum the place finish, divide by two, lower number wins, or sum the delegates between each of our duos, bigger pile wins, or....
hmm, sounds like we are betting on different things, but I like the starkness you propose so let's go for the latter:

the average finishing place, by delegate count in the 2024 GOP Primary, I (Sharkbiscuit) get Cruz + Hawley, you (the janitor) get Romney + Sasse, we sum the delegates between each of our duos, bigger pile wins

Last edited:

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
good, if this had happened at the state and local levels throughout 2020 I don't think we'd have seen this bullsh*t go down last week
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxbusiness.com/media/arrests-at-widespread-us-protests-hit-10000.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/number-of-arrests-capitol-riot-compared-blm-protests-chart-2021-1?amp

https://apnews.com/article/bb2404f9b13c8b53b94c73f818f6a0b7

From AP article:
“More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests decrying racism and police brutality in the wake of George Floyd’s death

The count has grown by the hundreds each day as protesters spilled into the streets and encountered a heavy police presence and curfews that give law enforcement stepped-up arrest powers.

.... Many of the arrests have been for low-level offenses such as curfew violations and failure to disperse. Hundreds were arrested on burglary and looting charges.”

Maybe?