So, how long will Work From Home actually last?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
From what I hear...hybrid is FAR worse for ALL parties (students, parents, teachers) than distance.
Having a high schooler that's been doing hybrid since September I can confirm that in terms of education its a complete disaster. They might as well just cancel the school year in terms of academics. The local kids have all been surfing their asses off though.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I am old and at risk so i will be opting out of returning to school and i will stay teaching on line from ? until this pandemic is over

please lord jesus christ my personal savior allow this to happen, keep the borders sealed, generate many southwest swells 195-205 degrees and please lower the price on bintang
You are to compromised to teach........ Malaria, Dengue fever... Aids...

Reactions: Truth

Stinkeye

Miki Dora status
Jan 12, 2002
Gone and haven't looked back..
Visit site
There are plenty of places that have been back to work (or never stopped).. Here in Idaho it’s pretty much business as usual. Kids are in school, people are at work, I don’t and never have owned a mask and we do everything we always did. Spent at least once a week this past summer with the kiddos at a thrill ride/waterpark with thousands of unmasked people. Not everywhere is CA or NY..

Just a different perspective.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
There are plenty of places that have been back to work (or never stopped).. Here in Idaho it’s pretty much business as usual. Kids are in school, people are at work, I don’t and never have owned a mask and we do everything we always did. Spent at least once a week this past summer with the kiddos at a thrill ride/waterpark with thousands of unmasked people. Not everywhere is CA or NY..

Hey stinkeye, what’s up man?
cowabunga
rg

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

I hope that continues for you.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I heard yesterday that it'll be another year until things are back to "normal."
i hate working from home but since Im moving 40 miles from most of my clients and will have a 2 car garage to use as an office instead of the corner of my living room - Im hoping it lasts a t least a little while longer. Scored myself a month to month lease in Newport on a 2 bedrrom house for the same price as my 1bd in Hwood. Once offices open ill have to come back tho :(

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I am old and at risk so i will be opting out of returning to school and i will stay teaching on line from ? until this pandemic is over

please lord jesus christ my personal savior allow this to happen, keep the borders sealed, generate many southwest swells 195-205 degrees and please lower the price on bintang
I swear on all that is holy, and all that is not, if I had any extra dough, I'd be depositing in your PayPal monthly so you NEVER had to return.... I mean, sure, if you want to for a visit, but it would honestly be worth three times any amount I could muster up to donate, just to know that there are still people out there surfing their nut off with their kid.

:bowdown::jamon:

How's Scrappy and the other mutt?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::applause2:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Co-worker just told me he is going to take the month of February to work from home near Sunset on Oahu.

So apparently the work away from home thing works for some people.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
If I wasn't injured, and if I didn't split custody of a 2 year old, Distance Learning would have much more distance in it.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Think I'll be working from home, at least part time, into the foreseeable future. Got a decent setup in the living room. Still trying to make it more functional and spiffy. Have done a couple of meetings while shooting from the beach, but I felt guilty and took leave both times.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Co-worker just told me he is going to take the month of February to work from home near Sunset on Oahu.

So apparently the work away from home thing works for some people.
I worked from home the last 19 years before my retirement. The only time I got on the freeway was to go to or, return from a flight And once or twice to drive up to Costa Mesa to check on several of my staff. It was the best thing that ever happened to me career-wise but one week I might be in Bangkok, the next in Sophia or Tel Aviv etc. The flying was a pain in the butt despite sitting up front in Business or First but this was the only time I could get away from the constant calls, texts, FAX, etc. Not for everyone (a few on my staff were too social to be able to work from home permanently (or for the duration of their employment).