Healing the nation will most likely come from the GOP. This gave me hope.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Considering the predictions in 2008 that the GOP was buried and would never win again, they have been doing okay since then. Not dead yet. It took the Dems every bit of the 4yrs of He-B-Cra-Cra, maniac with his finger on the button and WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!, the Stormi Daniels tape, the muh-russia investigation, he a racist rants and the ComRona to finally bring him down. And despite all that Trump STILL inflicted more damage to his own political support on his own after the election by losing his frame.

If he had been smarter he would have stuck to trolling the left without mercy and refraining from taking everything so personally. But he obviously wasn't disciplined enough to do that.

Trump gets what he gets.
You really believe that "trolling the left" is a positive accomplishment? Please never vote again.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I enjoyed it tremendously. That was my original gameplan for the "It's her turn" presidency, but Trump sidelined that play by (unexpectedly) winning the 2016. Now that Trump's leaving, it's game-on again.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I enjoyed it tremendously. That was my original gameplan for the "It's her turn" presidency, but Trump sidelined that play by (unexpectedly) winning the 2016. Now that Trump's leaving, it's game-on again.

I like gridlock.
Posting in a thread about reconcilliation and doing the right thing, cannot make it up.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
It won't happen because it can't happen. And not because of the personalities involved. There is a fundamental conflict of visions in play.

Reactions: kidfury

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
It won't happen because it can't happen. And not because of the personalities involved. There is a fundamental conflict of visions in play.
really? The differences between the parties is so small.

Taxes - we're talking a few hundred to a few thousand dollars either way for the vast majority of Americans.
Abortion - most people don't care
Guns - nobody wants to take them. A few more laws one way or the other.
Healthcare - if you don't call it Obamacare, most republicans actually like it
Immigration - everyone wants immigration reform but neither side has any incentive to actually reform immigration

The fault is in the primary system. To win the extremes, you need to be extreme. The House, in particular, is an extremist sh!t show. Fix that, whether through ranked voting or some other way, and things will mellow out.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
really? The differences between the parties is so small.

Taxes - we're talking a few hundred to a few thousand dollars either way for the vast majority of Americans.
Abortion - most people don't care
Guns - nobody wants to take them. A few more laws one way or the other.
Healthcare - if you don't call it Obamacare, most republicans actually like it
Immigration - everyone wants immigration reform but neither side has any incentive to actually reform immigration

The fault is in the primary system. To win the extremes, you need to be extreme. The House, in particular, is an extremist sh!t show. Fix that, whether through ranked voting or some other way, and things will mellow out.
Not when you have enough idiots glorifying trolling the other team and voting accordingly.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Not when you have enough idiots glorifying trolling the other team and voting accordingly.
but that's what I'm saying. Politicians will pander to the extremes only when it makes sense. Change the winner take all system at the primary and the extreme voters are less important.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Elections have consequences, and in this case the govt is unified again under one party. Regardless of what the leadership might want to do the weakened opposition is unable to serve as a brake on the dominant party's tendencies. Not because it's the Dems who have assembled control but because that's just what happens when either party runs the table. They have historically run to excess which is what has previously led to their subsequent losses.

All the action is in the middle, so unless the Dems can take up all the oxygen in that middle they will be leaving the door open for the opposition to fill that vacuum. And since much of the disconnect is social in nature, it's those activists that the Dems would have to suppress the most in order to retain that space. Which that seems highly unlikely.

If this cycle doesn't play out this way I think it will be the first time for that in modern political history.

Last edited:

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
there is still free speech

there is still a free press

you're conflating market forces with constitutional rights

that's stupid and histrionic
How many once very common and innocuous gender descriptions are now consider inconsiderate hate speech by some and growing on the left?

I already posted this but it was totally ignored.

mother, father, son, daughter, husband, wife and most other gender specific terms are considered too judgmental now.:shameonyou:

WTF is wrong with these people?

And that's only a small, but growing sample of common, literal, non-offensive speech that has been deemed hateful and should be banished from "official" usage. Or doxxing and shaming will ensue.

Even the Dems in Congress are striking them out from ALL future documents.

Some Dems want to get rid of Fox News, as it's deemed too conservative and supportive of Trump.
What's that, if not trying to censor speech and press?

A-Woman already. :monkey: :crazy2:

Reactions: Ifallalot

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
How many once very common and innocuous gender descriptions are now consider inconsiderate hate speech by some and growing on the left?

mother, father, son, daughter, husband, wife and most other gender specific terms are considered too judgmental now.:shameonyou:

And that's only a small, but growing sample of common, literal, non-offensive speech that has been deemed hateful and should be banished from "official" usage. Or doxxing and shaming will ensue.

Some Dems want to get rid of Fox News, as it's deemed too conservative and supportive of Trump.

Herstory will decide.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
This is not me speaking. This is someone other than me speaking. They look like Sasha Baron Cohen (sp), but I'm not sure who it is.
file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/77/07/CD6A05E7-C206-4584-821F-B07E5D1C52F7/IMG_9984.mov

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009

This is not a real problem. That's why it was ignored.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002

Where Are these gender specific words being considered hate speech?
I interact with some pretty woke people all the time. We get to choose our pronouns and don’t are supportive of whatever gender identity anyone needs supported, but I’ve never heard anyone categorize those words you mentioned as hate speech

Where are you hanging out where that’s an issue?

Reactions: enframed

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

You still don’t understand free speech

Reactions: enframed

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
You still don’t understand free speech
https://www.snopes.com/uploads/2021/01/BILLS-117hresPIH-hres7.pdf
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Replacing certain gender-specific terms, in the text of the rules, with gender-neutral alternatives, including;
  • “Seafarers” for “seamen”
  • “Chair” for “Chairman”
  • “Parent, child, sibling, parent’s sibling, first cousin, sibling’s child, spouse, parent in-law, child-in-law, sibling-in-law, stepparent, stepchild, stepsibling, half-sibling, or grandchild’’ for “‘father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, husband, wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, half sister, grandson, or granddaughter,” respectively
  • “Resign” for “submit his or her resignation”
  • “Such Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner serves” for “he or she serves”
  • “Such Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner holds” for “he or she holds”
  • “Themself” for “himself or herself”
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, as for more freedom of speech attacks, look at what's now happening to Parler.

ALL big tech is preventing Parler from being viewed. It's being cancelled, literally.

Watch the first 19 minutes to get an idea of what's happening that very few others are reporting.....

Ya, it's Tucker, but it pretty damn hard to claim his reporting on this as false or fake news.

Watch it soon, before YouTube scrubs it like was just done on FB (supposedly).

Last edited:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
https://www.snopes.com/uploads/2021/01/BILLS-117hresPIH-hres7.pdf
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Replacing certain gender-specific terms, in the text of the rules, with gender-neutral alternatives, including;
  • “Seafarers” for “seamen”
  • “Chair” for “Chairman”
  • “Parent, child, sibling, parent’s sibling, first cousin, sibling’s child, spouse, parent in-law, child-in-law, sibling-in-law, stepparent, stepchild, stepsibling, half-sibling, or grandchild’’ for “‘father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, husband, wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, half sister, grandson, or granddaughter,” respectively
  • “Resign” for “submit his or her resignation”
  • “Such Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner serves” for “he or she serves”
  • “Such Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner holds” for “he or she holds”
  • “Themself” for “himself or herself”
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, as for more freedom of speech attacks, look at what's now happening to Parler.

ALL big tech is preventing Parler from being viewed. It's being cancelled, literally.

Watch the first 19 minutes to get an idea of what's happening that very few others are reporting.....

Ya, it's Tucker, but it pretty damn hard to claim his reporting on this as false or fake news.

Watch it soon, before YouTube scrubs it like was just done on FB (supposedly).
three letters for you: TOS

• Love
Reactions: sirfun and afoaf

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

If Congress didn't make a law against Parler, I don't see how freedom of speech is under attack. YMMV.

Also, what is stopping you from grabbing yourself by your bootstraps, pulling yourself up, getting some servers, and hosting Parler?

Pure laziness, ineptitude, and vag leakage!

• Love
Reactions: sirfun

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
It amazes me how people think forcing a private company to broadcast the Govt line against the Tos of said company is Anti Authoritarianism? Words have no meaning to Trumptards. Also now they want to break up the tech giants, which is what the left has been arguing for all along.