Explain Trump and the Big Crazy

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
This isn't trolling -- I'm vehemently apolitical, but this Trump-crazy sh!t has me fascinated. It's not just racists and 1%ers - respectable people are embracing the QAnon, conspiracy theory, Deep State nuttiness and Trump is our messiah, here to deliver us from political purgatory to social rapture. He, by all accounts, seems a despicable human being, but is lauded as our savior. He's the one good guy billionaire, and he's here to make things right.

What's the attraction?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
This isn't trolling -- I'm vehemently apolitical, but this Trump-crazy sh!t has me fascinated. It's not just racists and 1%ers - respectable people are embracing the QAnon, conspiracy theory, Deep State nuttiness and Trump is our messiah, here to deliver us from political purgatory to social rapture. He, by all accounts, seems a despicable human being, but is lauded as our savior. He's the one good guy billionaire, and he's here to make things right.

What's the attraction?
Christians, like all religious people, need to be led. Sheep, I think is the descriptive.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

What's the attraction?
They're right of center and he now has an (R) next to his name? They think the Democrats are worse? They only consume media with a pro-gun, pro-Judeo-Christian, pro-tax cut bias driving every facet of the coverage?

Biden is a gaffe-tastic asshole. I'm the only erBBer who wanted someone from his wing of the (D) party to get nominated, and he was my last pick of that ilk. Literally dead last. Give me Buttigieg. Booker. Klobuchar. Bullock. Hickenlooper. Anyone.

A shitload of Democrats wanted someone more progressive. A shitload of Democrats wanted someone who isn't a handsy jackass. A shitload of Democrats wanted someone who can remember their own name and where they are.

Trump, and pretty much every Republican for the last 30 years, is still worse on the issues from our point of view.

Reactions: rice

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
They're right of center and he now has an (R) next to his name? They think the Democrats are worse? They only consume media with a pro-gun, pro-Judeo-Christian, pro-tax cut bias driving every facet of the coverage?

Biden is a gaffe-tastic asshole. I'm the only erBBer who wanted someone from his wing of the (D) party to get nominated, and he was my last pick of that ilk. Literally dead last. Give me Buttigieg. Booker. Klobuchar. Bullock. Hickenlooper. Anyone.

A shitload of Democrats wanted someone more progressive. A shitload of Democrats wanted someone who isn't a handsy jackass. A shitload of Democrats wanted someone who can remember their own name and where they are.

Trump, and pretty much every Republican for the last 30 years, is still worse on the issues from our point of view.
You shouldn't speak for everyone.

I loved Pete and Klobuchar. Biden wasn't my first or second or third choice either, but I'm happy he won.

Reactions: Hump and mundus

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
I think they're all assholes (one old rich racist white guy vs another) but the Trump Faithful is a new breed.

• Love
Reactions: santacruzin

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Republicans in this country have been brainwashed over the last 40 years that they would vote for Satan himself if he had a R next to his name.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You shouldn't speak for everyone.

I loved Pete and Klobuchar. Biden wasn't my first or second or third choice either, but I'm happy he won.
You should have posted such in one of the 324879821749823174982317489237 threads we had through primary and general election season. Then I'd know.

You seemed to drop off the face of the EaRBBth for years, plural.

Cheers that's productive! But in your absence, having been literally the only person carrying that water, with afoaf occasionally feeling bad for me and chiming in supportively, I was the only one who expressly wanted a moderate, with a laundry list of left-leaning erBBer affirmatively and declaratively stating support for someone from a different wing (Bernie) or none of them.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
You should have posted such in one of the 324879821749823174982317489237 threads we had through primary and general election season. Then I'd know.

Cheers that's productive! But in your absence, having been literally the only person carrying that water, with afoaf occasionally feeling bad for me and chiming in supportively, I was the only one who expressly wanted a moderate, with a laundry list of left-leaning erBBer affirmatively and declaratively stating support for someone from a different wing (Bernie) or none of them.
DINO

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Republicans in this country have been brainwashed over the last 40 years that they would vote for Satan himself if he had a R next to his name.
My hope is that the loyal republicans who are not douchebag racist nationalists will no longer support this douchebag with no integrity or leadership skills and will go back to being republicans

I think I see that happening to an extent already, here on the erbb

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002

I’ve been with you the whole way
Sorry if my posts didn’t reflect that
I like Pete and Amy, but honestly wasn’t sure if either was electable
I hope we see more of them in the future

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Christians, like all religious people, need to be led. Sheep, I think is the descriptive.
Look at all the evangelical grifters. These people are used to being swindled for their hard earned money by slimey charlatans. Trump may not be spreading the word of the gospel but the similarities are uncanny.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
Apparently Biden is looking hard at Mayor Pete for the Secty of Transportation Role. Skimming through his wikipedia page (which is no doubt completely accurate) I see this extensive background on transportation issues:

"Beginning in August 2018, Buttigieg promoted the idea of moving the city's South Shore Line station from South Bend International Airport to the city's downtown.[145] He made it a goal to have the city complete this project by 2025.[147] Buttigieg's earlier budgets had allotted funding to the existing South Shore Relocation project,[148][149] which would have moved the station to a different end of the South Bend International Airport.[150] Buttigieg's new push for a downtown station engendered suggestions of other possible locations. Buttigieg ordered a study of five location options, including his personally preferred downtown option, as well as two that would keep the station at the airport.[151] Of the five, the downtown location was found to be the priciest, but also the one with the greatest potential economic impact.[152] In December 2018, an engineering study was commissioned to further examine the cost of a downtown station.[147]

In 2019, South Bend launched Commuters Trust, a new transportation benefit program created in collaboration with local employers and transportation providers (including South Bend TRANSPO and Lyft) and made possible by a $1 million three-year grant from Bloomberg Philanthropies Mayors Challenge.[153][154]"

So he suggested moving a commuter rail station AND created a pilot commuter benefits program for a city of 100,000 people. Sounds like the right person for the job.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I got pissed when they made Harry Reid Senate Majority Leader after 2004 and registered NPA (No Party Affiliation) and I haven't changed back. I viewed him as a parliamentary procedure pussy (Low carb, organic, Non-fat, non-dairy, non-gmo, soy, gluten-free McConnell basically) and since he was Pro Life, and 2004 was a "Moral Values" election, and I'm in many ways first and foremost a secularist, I was done.

The Florida Democratic Party, which is what I'd join, I fkn despise in general. I think I'd feel the same way in California. And I don't think I have anything to offer to improve it either.

But there's 0 doubt I lean left and agree with them on a majority of issues and I tend to vote for their candidates in the general.

My hope is that the loyal republicans who are not douchebag racist nationalists will no longer support this douchebag with no integrity or leadership skills and will go back to being republicans

I think I see that happening to an extent already, here on the erbb
I'd honestly rather have them disingenuously kiss the ring and not get primaried, paving the way for a true crazy.

Look at Trump's support among Republicans. In Congress, you're basically more likely to lose your seat because you lost a primary than a general. Crowley and I think Engel or some others just a bit West of you on the left, and all across the GOP. Purity tests and wing-flanking maneuvers winning left and right.

I’ve been with you the whole way
Sorry if my posts didn’t reflect that
I like Pete and Amy, but honestly wasn’t sure if either was electable
I hope we see more of them in the future
I could assume something like this from your posts but you didn't post here much back then. But yeah, as discussed with Subway, we're from the same Tri-State Area assembly line. We're decidedly not Random, and like halfway through the last name before there's any difference. Spooky.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Apparently Biden is looking hard at Mayor Pete for the Secty of Transportation Role. Skimming through his wikipedia page (which is no doubt completely accurate) I see this extensive background on transportation issues:

"Beginning in August 2018, Buttigieg promoted the idea of moving the city's South Shore Line station from South Bend International Airport to the city's downtown.[145] He made it a goal to have the city complete this project by 2025.[147] Buttigieg's earlier budgets had allotted funding to the existing South Shore Relocation project,[148][149] which would have moved the station to a different end of the South Bend International Airport.[150] Buttigieg's new push for a downtown station engendered suggestions of other possible locations. Buttigieg ordered a study of five location options, including his personally preferred downtown option, as well as two that would keep the station at the airport.[151] Of the five, the downtown location was found to be the priciest, but also the one with the greatest potential economic impact.[152] In December 2018, an engineering study was commissioned to further examine the cost of a downtown station.[147]

In 2019, South Bend launched Commuters Trust, a new transportation benefit program created in collaboration with local employers and transportation providers (including South Bend TRANSPO and Lyft) and made possible by a $1 million three-year grant from Bloomberg Philanthropies Mayors Challenge.[153][154]"

So he suggested moving a commuter rail station AND created a pilot commuter benefits program for a city of 100,000 people. Sounds like the right person for the job.
In a vacuum, no. When the previous qualification was "a diversity hire, preferably married to Mitch McConnell", it's an improvement.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I walked into a gun shop the other night for some stuff (gasp!) and walked in on the owner and another customer passionately talking to each other about how Trump is a self made man.

clown world never sleeps.
they were right......he’s a self-made negative $1billionaire.

he took daddy’s $14 million and squandered it.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
none of you petty mofos have addressed my question.