Nagging Elbow Tendinitis.

I had this issue from kiteboarding way too much. The wrist extension exercises really focused on the damaged area and after a couple of months all better. The guidance I used (not this page but similar) said to gradually increase the weight used. I found the third exercise on this page the most helpful. The trick is to strengthen the tendon is to let the weight back down slowly, you want resistance as the connective tissue is lengthened. I ended up using an 8-lb dumbell.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Here's part of what I sent GS. I think you have a tear though. You need a diagnosis before you do anything.

"I'll try and keep this short. I was to the point where I could hardly carry a hammer much less use one. I was turning all the knobs on my machine left handed because my right was fvcked. I couldn't carry grocery bags in from the car with my right. Cortisone shots, PT, ice, then they were talking about surgery. I know two people that that had the surgery and they are both crippled. Not stoked.

Enter this broken down old stuntman. Classic tendonitis/tennis elbow, if you force your fingers upward and then push them down with the other hand while resisting with your bad hand, it will hurt right back at that point on the outside of the elbow. That point is where that tendon attaches. He told me to find that point, and start massaging it with your other hand. HARD. Make it hurt. Sit in front of the TV and just grind on it. In three days it was mostly over for me. Done."

Sounds way too easy. So far everyone that has tried has had results similar to GS and I. Your mileage may vary. Do NOT attempt on a tear. This was for classic tendinitis.
My elbow has been feeling quite a bit better after this.

Solid advice!

Thanks @GWS_2 !!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I had this issue from kiteboarding way too much. The wrist extension exercises really focused on the damaged area and after a couple of months all better. The guidance I used (not this page but similar) said to gradually increase the weight used. I found the third exercise on this page the most helpful. The trick is to strengthen the tendon is to let the weight back down slowly, you want resistance as the connective tissue is lengthened. I ended up using an 8-lb dumbell.

Mine would not be Tennis Elbow. My issue is Golfer's Elbow. My issue is on the inside of the elbow rather than the outside. Near the funny bone.

Its still nagging. I'll have weeks where I don't give it a thought and then I'll lift something or move something and bang I'm right back where I started. Pushing motions don't seem to bother it but pulling motions do.