Tomo MPH

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Sick video from the man himself.

Salsa tried the El Tomo quad as a twin, but he didnt make it look that appealing. Dan riding it as a twin makes it look enticing. Might have to pick one up and give it a go. Solid review.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Those look like the Futures EN twin fin. What is the equivalent of that fin in FCS?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Isn’t that the same model El Tomo XTR you just got?? Wouldn’t the stock quad fronts be too far fwd for twins? I’m assuming the snaps in the vid when the tail was drifting were as a twin.
I haven’t ridden my XTR more than a couple times as I got a few boards at the same time this summer- especially tried to get a feel for the x-wing custom. But it went great as a quad.

Last edited:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I rode the El Tomo quad with some powerdrive fins, as a demo when it first came out, in some 6ft wonky mushy beach break. It felt super good, but never purchased one because I had just purchased that new custom model with same tail.

Once i got the custom and Dan personal keel/twin, I ended up liking the keel more, so thats why i bought that new XTR keel and im selling the custom (even though i really liked the custom).

Now that this video came out i might try the custom as a twin, if i can find a good FCS twin. Or get a new Firewire El Tomo and play around with the fins Dan is suggesting.