Best boar in your quiver?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
my 5'10 flare. requires just enough input so it feels like youre actually working but lets you get away with murder. Fun and appropriate in waist high slop, and just as fun in OH barreling waves at someplace like HB where its not exactly a square wave.

Only had one session on it where I felt like it was the wrong choice and i had reached its top end and that was overhead Playa Hermosa on a draining tide. Just not enough rocker for how steep and pitchy that day was.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Lost RNF retro, most user friendly board I have ever had. Only draw back are hard offshore hollow waves.

surfride1977

OTF status
Nov 20, 2005
That's a good question! I feel like every board in my quiver is meant for different wave sizes/conditions.. For waist to head high beachbreak, I've gotta go with my 6'2 JS Monsta Box. Practically surfs itself!

Reactions: PartyBoy

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
whatz the best one u got right now.

me parmy stubb vector. does everything i can do on a short boar but with more speed. nailed double bs floater to slash other day that still has me smiling today. makes me realize how far ahead he is in shaping skill than everyone else out there.
what dims you an your dp stubb vector?

Reactions: chilly1

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Lost Short Round Carbon Wrap, it makes me the happiest. (Andreini Vaquero close second)

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
Locally built custom HPSB by regional manufacturer. Almost as much lower end grovel ability as the Chilli it replaces, but more stable when the open ocean starts to get heavy, plus a bit more performance.