Tomo MPH

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Thanks buddy. I'm a little upset about the leash plug in the middle (because i asked for it on the right) but its all good. The shape feels so good it makes up everything else. Hope you got some fun ones.

Reactions: JDJ

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Thanks buddy. I'm a little upset about the leash plug in the middle (because i asked for it on the right) but its all good. The shape feels so good it makes up everything else. Hope you got some fun ones.
Given how well that tailpad fits, / is cut I think the middle's the right call. It would have been a right pain in the arse to cut out in the kicker on the right.

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Given how well that tailpad fits, / is cut I think the middle's the right call. It would have been a right pain in the arse to cut out in the kicker on the right.
It would have for sure. These fawking leash plugs are a pain in the ass.

Reactions: waxfoot

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I actually like it better the way yours is set up. It seems like the leash plug on the swallow tips can make it impossible to place a pad that is back far enough. Yours is ready for back foot shreddage.

Reactions: jkb and ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I actually like it better the way yours is set up. It seems like the leash plug on the swallow tips can make it impossible to place a pad that is back far enough. Yours is ready for back foot shreddage.
I acquiesce. :)

Hows the Revo treating you and NanoV3 ?

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Both are money. Very different boards. Nano is much more high performance, good amount of rocker, high performance foil, and likes a decent wave. The Revo is similar to the Evo but with thinner rails and a slightly less bulky nose and tail. Still very much an Evo. Really good boards.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Couple more pictures of the El Tomo dual fin. Really digging this one. 5'6 x 18 1/2 x 2 5/16 x 26L.

Reactions: j_mac

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
So, not Tomo per say... but given that this is basically the Firewire thread... it seems like Firewire's addressing the yellowing issue, or am I mistaken?

Spraypainted white parts?

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Should we start a firewire thread? Or will that drive the hardcore erBB people insane? It is the Year of COVID... so i think anything goes.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I'd just rename this thread tbh... not my call.
I can only imagine how a new thread's gonna go for a while, it might be worse than the politics forum.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
So, not Tomo per say... but given that this is basically the Firewire thread... it seems like Firewire's addressing the yellowing issue, or am I mistaken?

Spraypainted white parts?
I dont know if they're addressing the yellowing completely, but i think those new helium board stay white a lot longer than a poly. My Hydroshort that is a year old is a tad bit yellower than when it was new, but not by much at all. And it barely has a footwell on the deck vs. my custom EPS from Tomo that has quite a bit of dents on the deck and is slightly yellower.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Does the above dominator (looks like a fun board btw!) not looked spray painted white, or am I imagining it?

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Does the above dominator (looks like a fun board btw!) not looked spray painted white, or am I imagining it?
I don't think its paint. I think its a plastic deck skin -- like PVC type plastic for water pipes type material. I busted a fin box and got a good look at the material.

Last edited:
Reactions: waxfoot