Fall Suit/Short arm, long leg wetsuit (SoCal)

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Pro tip: O'Neills are the longest fitting of all the brands I've tried, Quik number 2. Rip Curl and Xcel are designed for munchkins.
Agreed. Just was really hard to find an O'Neill that was either reasonably priced (not paying over $100 for a spring suit out of principle) or not even close to my size. The Quik 4/3 just arrived; need to try it on. Hoping it fits. Was also pretty much only back-zip suit I could find in an XLT.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

Reactions: jkb

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
I think you can get a back zip oneil but it's their base model suit.

My hyperfreak 2 mil is chest zip and it's super easy to get out of cause of the techno blubber
I bought a back zip Psycho 1 a few months ago on a pretty steep discount, and I've got to say - I can't believe people prefer back zips. Not a fan, especially with how flexy and easy to get into the front and no zip suits are these days.

The zipper's a big, unflexible spine going up the back of the suit and it restricts vertical stretch to only the lower part of the suit.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I clicked on that link. And I can't stop laughing.

$275?! GTFO. :roflmao: A short-arm full should never cost over $160 (and even that is pushing it).

99.7% water impermeable? And it still only handles 62 degrees and up? Where does your pee go? Gets trapped with you, right? You don't want that either. It's one thing to have it warm you up momentarily but it is acidic, right? I can't imagine that being good for the suit or for your skin sitting in a puddle of urine.

I might be talked into giving them $2.75 for the suit. Maybe. :roflmao:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Kento is gonna wear a 2 mil in norcal just wait
No no I got a 4/3 for up there and I even have some booties that (aside from Cambria sesh earlier this year) had not been worn in 10 years or so.

But if the water is 59, 60 on warmer air days, fuck yeah I'll wear the 2 mil shortarm full.

I have a feeling in SoCal there is a 4/3, GoPro, and Wavestorm summer starter pack.