For Sale: El Slammo House $7M. Cut from $7.2

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Not what I would spend $7M on if I had it, but when will Gravy be on Cribs with this?

Also, mundus, GromsDad, Subway, Hal, surfer57 etc. Joisey Shaw crew...

Do you think they are selling because of Ben Gravy? Was this summer the straw that broke the camel's back, and the point of owning this home is ruined by people screaming their faces off for the fully nuking dream?

Also of note, the dock he shoots a fair bit, that house's Zillow estimate is $3.3M.

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
I've been down there enough over the years and don't think I've ever seen signs of life in that house. People only started surfing that pretty recently.
I'm shocked that none of kids that show up to surf there with gravy have gotten hurt yet. On a lighter note surf looks fun down in that region right now.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Try not to go south of LBI, it has gotta be a pain in the ass for the owners not mention possible liability.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Why would people get hurt surfing there at a rate greater than any other spot with such rock jetty emplacements?
1. The prevailing energy is pushing straight into the jetty. That jetty isn't pointing roughly SE out to sea, it's pointing SW.
2. It's a bunch of people all bailing onto each other a few feet from the rocks. Recklessly, on wavestorms and softops, for social media.
3. It's a bit of a shorebreak. It's one of those spots that, odds are, if you don't kick out, you're hitting the bottom, every wave.
4. The left under the docks, there are stretches of that where they're surfing over everything that got destroyed in the 30s and 60s when the Jersey Shore wore a decent one. There's one episode where it's negative low tide, and while the rocks aren't a big deal, there are some nasty looking pieces of rebar poking out in all kinds of directions.

If by "such rock jetty emplacements" you were specifically referring to a more directly analogous setup where the wave pushes directly into the rocks, eg SC Harbor, instead of directly out to sea, like Newport or Princeton, please disregard. I'd wager people probably get broken off more in SC than in New Gravey.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I like this one better:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Fuck rich NJ assholes have shitty taste.

I always felt that novelty wave must have been someone’s “spot” they’d go to to escape crowds or not so ideal conditions out front just to get blown up in the dumbest way ever. I have a few novelty waves that can actually get quite fun I’ll run to in certain conditions that most people don’t bother or know about.

the gravy spot has some real specimens hanging around if you take a google earth street tour.

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
fook rich NJ assholes have shitty taste.

I always felt that novelty wave must have been someone’s “spot” they’d go to to escape crowds or not so ideal conditions out front just to get blown up in the dumbest way ever. I have a few novelty waves that can actually get quite fun I’ll run to in certain conditions that most people don’t bother or know about.

the gravy spot has some real specimens hanging around if you take a google earth street tour.
In general most rich assholes have shitty taste. Overdone, overdesigned homes look dated very quickly. Keep it subtle.
That island is overwhelmingly Philly jews and italians (generally the same thing) it's fun to guess which group a home belongs to based on the décor and other design details.

Reactions: manbearpig

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
Pretty certain the owner passed away a few years ago, he was a long time local and very involved in the area for decades. It’s a unique property and not really a surprise to see it go up. Real estate is pretty interesting at the moment.

Its cool to see Ben turn his life around. Someone passing along Aloha, stock and general positivity.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Not what I would spend $7M on if I had it, but when will Gravy be on Cribs with this?

Also, mundus, GromsDad, Subway, Hal, surfer57 etc. Joisey Shaw crew...

Do you think they are selling because of Ben Gravy? Was this summer the straw that broke the camel's back, and the point of owning this home is ruined by people screaming their faces off for the fully nuking dream?

Also of note, the dock he shoots a fair bit, that house's Zillow estimate is $3.3M.
ha, i lived in Longport once upon a time. the realtor may not mention that Longport used to be about 10 blocks longer. the sea always wins in the end.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit