*** Official SBD Needs a new Drip Coffee Maker Thread ***

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
lol I am actually not normally like this. I just forget about it until this thread refreshes.

still rockin the cuisinart, just nothing has lured me in quite yet.
In fairness, I hate furniture shopping more than any type of shopping, and I haven't even had to do that with the lady. Yet. I would probably prefer scrubbing my own bathroom floor with a toothbrush before partaking in that.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Stovetop percolator until you decide
You’ll never go back to this new age coffee machines
It’s the real deal

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
As I said earlier in the thread, I have an italian stovetop espresso maker, french press, pour over for when I want to take the time to make a small amount of good coffee.

The drip is the lazy daily driver and I set the timer the night before cause I like to pour a cup within a minute of getting out of bed.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
These coffee makers are highly rated. You can save some money by going 8 - 10 cups. That is probably max for an automatic pourover with a cone filter hence the reason there are so few 12 cuppers. There is a ninja that fits your bill too but I think a good quality coffee maker is worth the investment

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
  • Haha
Reactions: silentbutdeadly

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
a moccamaster with glass carafe. then i realized it doesn't appear to have auto start. what the hell. for 300 bucks i just took that as a given.
Damnit, this thread has gotten in my head that I need to upgrade the coffee maker. Trusty Cuisinart clock crapped out this month and numbers just became unreadable- so can’t set it overnight.
SBD’s aspirational Breville with the insulated carafe actually looks nice. I usually have to warm up my coffee since my wife starts working (from home now) an hour before me.
@Aruka which moccamaster model did you go with? Give us a ride report. No auto set is a dealbreaker, but how’s the coffee?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Damnit, this thread has gotten in my head that I need to upgrade the coffee maker. Trusty Cuisinart clock crapped out this month and numbers just became unreadable- so can’t set it overnight.
SBD’s aspirational Breville with the insulated carafe actually looks nice. I usually have to warm up my coffee since my wife starts working (from home now) an hour before me.
@Aruka which moccamaster model did you go with? Give us a ride report. No auto set is a dealbreaker, but how’s the coffee?
this one

normally i would do tons of research but I didn't want to be like silentandindecisive