*** Official Fin Thread ***

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
A few months ago I emailed Greg asking nicely if he could make me a single fin. He was super responsive at first, and I thought "Great!" He answered my emails almost immediately: "Sure where do you live?" "What kind of boards do you ride?" So I sent him some pics of the board I wanted it for. "That board is pretty retro. Want one with a modern down rail?" Uh oh, did he think I wanted a board? I just wanted a fin so I clarified that. No response. Followed up with an email a week later. Silence. Wondering if this is some sort of Chandler thing where you have to prove your worthiness to him. Anyone have anything to advise?
Not how that went at all :)
I did look for an existing fin I could recommend , the one Mick had in his Mctavish video looked great but it wasn't on the FCS site yet .

Jun 3, 2014
Not how that went at all :)
I did look for an existing fin I could recommend , the one Mick had in his Mctavish video looked great but it wasn't on the FCS site yet .
Hi, Greg. No hard feelings, but it sure felt that way to me. I'm not trying to hurt your business or anything by this but a little bit better communication could avoid these situations. I never got another email from you after you asked me "Would you like to try the downrail boards that replaced it." Maybe there was some technical error in communication, idk. Could've just politely declined to make the fin and I would've been on my way looking elsewhere (which I've since done).

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Sweden has the hottest girls (in the world?), Switzerland the precision engineering. I lived in Barcelona for a couple years for grad school (10 out of 10, highly recommend). The city was lousy with tall blonde swedes who all take a university semester/year to study there, go to the beach, and go clubbing. Good times. I hooked up with more Swedish than Spanish (local Catalan) girls there and always regretted not making it up to Sweden during my travels while I was single.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Here you go 20W. Ryan is shaping out of moonlight now and he is a super good guy. its a take off on the old rocket fish design-model is the rambler. its my version of a HPSB for local waves. its got some nose flip to handle the steeps. After a week of decent surf-it only works as a tri for me. so far epic boar. support local.
much more bloated (NOT bad for SD waves)....a little dna..but not much....gonna try and hunt down a pic. board was geared with twins with a smaller trailer. fuggin one of the best boards i rode in those sh!tty years.

Reactions: urchined