History / Memories of the erBB

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Nick Kron had the best avatar. He was a funny dude!

Just thinking about the craziness... Good times. OTF. I can't even begin to explain how twisted/demented this man was. I will always live in awe. For the good. Always for the good. This man had an imagination/capacity that was truly awe inspiring. He made this place what it is today. This place was a canvas for his expression. Those of us who were there to experience his madness will always be blessed.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Bobsurf’s gay spiderman hulahoop/whip avatar always made me laugh.

Stevesurfs/Donut’s/Sportsfan antics always had me rolling.

Nep was/is brilliant.

Jackboots is woven.

O.T. And O.T.F. I’d go to the front lines if they told me to.

Jenks, CCG, and the other groms in the 2000’s were comedy.

The GEO/GBG clan are All Time. gBG’s chicks and their Jibbily’s were ( So Pissed they got rid of all the cool emojis ten years ago or so...Who was in charge of that blunder?)

The old .Gif avatars made this place.

LeeD...I really wanted to play tennis with him some day...inOakland, then eat
some noodles in Sunset and surf OB on rad beak noses. I would have no problems helping him mowing some lawns.

And the farker who broke the $1Million board in OBSF...I was so pissed they ditched it...I wanted to surf that thing properly.

I’ve dug it all...Even the techno that didn’t suck.

Last edited:

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Charles village idiot.

A good one. The world of village idiot. President of the Earth. Wacked out of his skull.
An absolute, total Freak.

Last edited:

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I have to thank afoaf for setting me up with beach gear (and later even a board!) on 2 of my travels to SoCal (2014 and 2015)! I wonder how long those flowers lasted :rolleyes:

I also bought 2 used boards from guys here during these travels, both are still with me:

A Coil from Moobs... Really low volume... took me a little while to get it dialed but once I did I surfed the most amazing waves of my life with it in Trestles... so fucking loose (because it's so light) yet precise! Too bad I'll never weigh the same I did back then so it just won't float me anymore.

And a Stamps from Bird, which I haven't used in a while because my Superbuzz is too good for most sizes, but I love it. The best lefts of my life were surfed on that Scarecrow, amazing going backside!

Funny thing about the Coil... after a session in Upper Trestles this guy approached me and asked to see the board and said it used to be his! He was a very short japanese guy and very light, he said he ordered it to surf Puerto Escondido... Makes sense since it's a roundpin and kinda narrow and so low volume. It sure can thread the needle. What a fucking coincidence!

Also Gary offered to stay at his house and also to surf his "secret" spot inside the base. I would have loved to take up his offer and at least have a few beers with him if my wife wasn't such a drag (she doesn't even drink and gets annoyed if I do, so I usually only drink when she's not around). lol. As for the surf session, truth be told I didn't take up on it because it's a steep wave and I would have sucked hard lol. Also, wife being a drag didn't help.

Love me some erbb. I hope we don't lose contact if this goes to sh!t.

Reactions: Havoc and JDJ

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Who was the Dutch dude with the hemp hoodlambs. Met him in Adam... But,yeah, the entire stay, foggy.

Also, the belgian kid who used to post, barrel something or other.