A thread about fishing.....just for the halibut.....

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Dont't take pics, believe it or not your choice. A mid size bluefish is nothing special to claim about. To add, I have a hard enough time not spilling coffee on my phone when driving to work I don't dare take it to the beach.
Decent bluefish seem to be a rare find these days. Had a lot of fun with them in the late 90s and early 00s. Racers in the spring on the flats with light tackle and big bruisers in the fall.

Best bluefish I ever ran into was on an offshore wreck trip. Our target fish were getting bit in half near the surface one after another. We thought it was sharks. Began pulling fish out of the livewell and live lining them on wire. Turned out we had a school of monster bluefish under the boat. Once we figured out what they were it was game on. Smallest fish was 15 pounds and the biggest was 21. Smoked some drags and broke the real seats on two rods.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Nice fish, a 50? Kinda regretting getting out the boat game this season, surf fishing has been terrible,

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Some guy had just landed a 5 foot black tip at Sebastian inlet yesterday as I was walking down to the water line to paddle out. All good, they’re just “frenzy feeders” :roflmao: But I noticed most guys staying prone on their boards, hands and feet up. Because there was a lot of frenzied feeding going on. Welcome to Florida. I got a few waves.

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
Saturday morning, got out fly fishing with a teaching friend. Beautiful morning, clear air, and 9F :roflmao: I have trouble tying small shet anywho, let alone with frozen vienna sauages. Water was gin clear since this little river is spring fed. Got buzzed by a huge bald eagle, biggest one I've seen closeish to me. Saw a few fishies, but no catchie. Great to have human interaction, cruising along a quiet river stretch, sun warming the body.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Saturday morning, got out fly fishing with a teaching friend. Beautiful morning, clear air, and 9F :roflmao: I have trouble tying small shet anywho, let alone with frozen vienna sauages. Water was gin clear since this little river is spring fed. Got buzzed by a huge bald eagle, biggest one I've seen closeish to me. Saw a few fishies, but no catchie. Great to have human interaction, cruising along a quiet river stretch, sun warming the body.
Guides ice up?