Mental Health thread

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've dated a couple crazies, but I don't miss them or think about them.

I do think about the one goofy girl who was really broke. She had one chair in her apartment and Christmas lights. No car. Was going to OCC. Had three outfits. She was really funny and we had great times. She would be happy splitting a sandwich in a park as a date.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I've dated a couple crazies, but I don't miss them or think about them.

I do think about the one goofy girl who was really broke. She had one chair in her apartment and Christmas lights. No car. Was going to OCC. Had three outfits. She was really funny and we had great times. She would be happy splitting a sandwich in a park as a date.
these are tricky....on the one hand, you don't want a girl whose in it for your/the money
but on the other hand you're going to be the one paying for that sandwich foreverrrrr

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: racer1

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
these are tricky....on the one hand, you don't want a girl whose in it for your/the money
but on the other hand you're going to be the one paying for that sandwich foreverrrrr
Best thing I ever did was marry a poor farm girl.

Rich entitled princesses will drain you. You want the one who says yipee when you pull in the driveway.

@afoaf
Get used to the idea, that no matter what, you are buying the sandwiches, forever

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Hey wait, aren't all women bipolar to some degree.

Or as the great Spoonfish said, they are all fucked in the head so at least hook up with a hot one.

On the other hand, you know what's great mental health?

Dropped another 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks, sitting at 210 and scaling down to the 190-200 that I'm aiming for. All this surfboard volume talk and I've never had one shaped where it was even calculated. Probably because the boards were handshaped and didn't come from Mongolia or whatever 3rd world country has a computer. So I had no idea when I ordered that one Lost QuiverKiller (on sale in Classifieds - come one come all!), was humble ability wise and trusted their scale. 39.66 Liters? OK. Sure. No frame of reference. F*cking disaster. I'm still upset at myself - the first board I had bought OTR in 15 years. Never again.

So now I actually entered the Lost Speed Demon dims I've been surfing lately (6'6" x 19 1/4" x 2 7/16") into the board volume calculator and it comes out around 32 liters - dude. 32 vs. almost 40. Bitterness. And board is an extension under my feet (good but not ideal - best boards are an extension of your eyes/mind) but yeah with size 12.5-size feet, it is as loose rail to rail as you might expect. Just been surfing it better and better by the day. And it is fast but holds rail hard through turns (and yet also can slash hard off back foot) so been displacing a fuckload of water when I actually connect/collide with the lip the way I want to.

And there is nothing like a solid lip destruction to positively affect mental health. :jamon: :shaka:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Boneroni

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
How tall are you Kento?

I feel like there is probably a happy middle ground between something like the 6'6" SD and the boaty 40L quiver killer.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
How tall are you Kento?

I feel like there is probably a happy middle ground between something like the 6'6" SD and the boaty 40L quiver killer.
6'4".

I hear that.

I know the happy medium. It's a 6'6" x 19 3/4" x 2 1/2". Prob 33L (from what I glean). And I really need to get off my ass off and call Terry up and get that going. I have the snapped but glass-held predecessor (his shape) in my garage just for him to replicate. I want/need the cash from that QK but no avail :cautious: .

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Those dims sound better.

You could probably go shorter and thicker to hit that volume but I get the impression you like the length.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Going back to the original subject.

I have done it. I am officially retiring. Last actual day of work is 10/20 and then taking a vactaion bridge till 12/31.

A substantial retirement incentive.

9/11 was the last official day to apply, kind of ironic. I put my notice in back in July to try to provide some level of continuity as far as backfilling my position.

I just heard that five other people in my dept. have put their notice in and are taking the incentive. Almost half of our colleges Business Office. A mass exodus. All of the old timers are just plain fed up and done. Out with the old High Class/Step and in with the bottom dwellers. With no experience.

Our new post Covid world.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Those dims sound better.

You could probably go shorter and thicker to hit that volume but I get the impression you like the length.
Yeah, my footwork gets fucked on shorter boards. That's the funny thing about that QK - I looked at it closely. Nest of the usual pressure dings but about 8" back where I would normally put my front foot. That was interesting. Just lack of faith on boards natural turning ability. Which it has fucking none. But at same time I got some very solid drive-down-the-line barrels on it. But I can do that on my 6'7" which has same dims as 6'6" generally but is a roundpin. Surfed that 6'7" in everything from head high to DOH++ meaty beachbreak (OB Jr.). Sharkbiscuit made astute point about its lightness - water drainage. But I'll be damned if I can find any leakage, even in fin area (glass-ons; I got sick of FCS at the time). :unsure:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

I have done it. I am officially retiring. Last actual day of work is 10/20 and then taking a vactaion bridge till 12/31.

9/11 was the last official day to apply, kind of ironic. I put my notice in back in July to try to provide some level of continuity as far as backfilling my position.

I just heard that five other people in my dept. have put their notice in and are taking the incentive. Almost half of our colleges Business Office. A mass exodus. All of the old timers are just plain fed up and done. Out with the old High Class/Step and in with the bottom dwellers. With no experience.

I want to go because it's so crazy now.

But I wanted to go four more years.

I might go down to teaching two classes and ride it out.

How old are you?

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Do you still have her number? Do you think she would like to run away to Western Australia with me?

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta

Congrats STEAK! Hope it's a good move for you.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Do you still have her number? Do you think she would like to run away to Western Australia with me?
Was going to ask the same thing, except replace Australia with Mediterranean. :ROFLMAO:
Haha. This was 20 years ago in Costa Mesa. She was driving a beat to sh!t blue Jetta. She had curly, dirty blonde hair and liked del taco fries. I think the one chair was from Ross. She didn't wear makeup. 5'8 and 130 pounds. Chuck taylors. She definitely didn't have a cell phone, I don't even know if she had a landline. How did I contact her or did she just appear?

drunjk

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 27, 2017
i'm glad everyone on this thread is a pussy with no real sense of historical suffering.

Reactions: Mr Doof

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
She was driving a beat to sh!t blue Jetta. She had curly, dirty blonde hair and liked del taco fries. I think the one chair was from Ross. She didn't wear makeup. 5'8 and 130 pounds. Chuck taylors.
I think I'm in love!

Then again, I can't see that lasting too long. I think I'm just tired, lol.