After hyping the Russia threat for four years, the New Yorker quietly wonders if the story might have been exaggerated:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Is this a AI caption?

"Sporty diverse young people doing Downward facing dog exercise at group lesson, practicing yoga, standing in adho mukha svanasana pose, working out in modern yoga studio with male instructor"
The captions write themselves!

Is it an accurate description of the Yoga Experience?

Did the QAnon folk get that way by being flexible enough to get and keep their head up their ass?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I've been a subscriber to the NYer for about 20 yrs but I haven't been able to read it since March. It's almost completely devolved into ranting about Trump and doomsday virus crap. They are in the process of ruining themselves just like the Atlantic did

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I've been a subscriber to the NYer for about 20 yrs but I haven't been able to read it since March. It's almost completely devolved into ranting about Trump and doomsday virus crap. They are in the process of ruining themselves just like the Atlantic did
Either that or you bought into tje cult and can't jandle valid criticim of dear leader?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Either that or you bought into tje cult and can't jandle valid criticim of dear leader?
its just boring

you hate him-- got it

what's new about this? nothing

there no new insight. it's just screeching

I watched a video of Dave Chappelle the other day making fun of the president and it was hilarious. so it's not that he's above criticism, you just need to have an interesting angle, which very few do at this point because most seem to think that pure angst is a substitute for original thought

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
its just boring

you hate him-- got it

I watched a video of Dave Chappelle the other day making fun of the president and it was hilarious. so it's not that he's above criticism, you just need to have an interesting angle, which very few do at this point because most seem to think that pure angst is a substitute for original thought
I get it if you don't care about what is happening, but it is the medias job to report it and your boy is the worst president ever.

• Dislike
Reactions: redrider

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
its just boring

you hate him-- got it

I know the past four years hasn’t been a bass catalogue but its been far from boring.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Russia HOX

Let's talk about important threats.

How are things going on with the Muslin Ban?

What about rejecting trans people in every walk of life?

Wearing mask being a government tyranny?

Plastic bags?

These are the pressing issues.

• Dislike
Reactions: grapedrink

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
squidley, why do you think providing cover for Russian operations in this country shouldn't land you in jail or exile?

Reactions: Phi1

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
squidley, why do you think providing cover for Russian operations in this country shouldn't land you in jail or exile?

The only evidence I see is a baby who can't live with the fact that most of this country think he's full of sh!t, and voted for a stable person. You don't like that. Tough sh!t. Grow up.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The only evidence I see is a baby who can't live with the fact that most of this country think he's full of sh!t, and voted for a stable person. You don't like that. Tough sh!t. Grow up.
#delusionalwelfarequuen

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Most of the country, huh? And you think Trump is stable? Maybe a genius too?

Face it, you're just fodder for a real estate deal.

Reactions: mundus

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
but that's not what the article says

what the article says is that there is more dangerous/potent disinformation also afoot
Yeah, it's really not a great article. Can be summed up in this one sentence taken from it:

"In many cases, the media response to Russian accounts has the effect of magnifying their reach far beyond anything they could achieve by themselves."

And as far as I understand it, that's what these Russians want, so it's working.

Reactions: the janitor

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
How many people with Russia cnnection serve or have served in Trump administration? Just a coincidence I am sure.