What OTR surfboard should I buy? WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
you could even get your fins made for the board from TA

AO looks sick too though

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
You can go to the HIC or Surfboard Outlet and get a new board that has been sitting in the rack for a couple of months for under $500. And if it’s a little older closer to $400.
If you don't mind off the rack then Surfboard Factory Hawaii and T&C Factory has some deals. I've bought two OTR boards in the last 6 months for under $550.

Jan 14, 2016
Love the justification.

I'll say anything in Lib Tech construction, as I don't think you have one and its something I'd like to hear your feedback on. :geek:
It's heavy (to the point of clunkiness) and no where near as durable as they say. I didn't notice anything particular about the flex, but usually I don't. Lib-tech is on my list to avoid. Vastly prefer: Black Dart, Spine-tek, or good ol' Surftech Tuf-Lite. (Seems to me that Tuf-Lite is the one that actually truly lives up to its name.)

Reactions: Duffy LaCoronilla

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
It's heavy (to the point of clunkiness) and no where near as durable as they say. I didn't notice anything particular about the flex, but usually I don't. Lib-tech is on my list to avoid. Vastly prefer: Black Dart, Spine-tek, or good ol' Surftech Tuf-Lite. (Seems to me that Tuf-Lite is the one that actually truly lives up to its name.)
CFT blows all those away for lightness to strength ratio plus great shape works in most peoples backyard.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Real Water Sports has the ones MC shaped and Timmy Patterson shapes the customs. Been eying em myself, stock dims not really up my alley tho
Well, after some thinking the Cole twin pin looks interesting. Anywhere on the west coast I could get my hands on one?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
You peep the Stacy Bullet twin as well?

I think one can be found in CA OTR, just need to find the right shop.

havent heard much about the Chili round twin but looks similar to the Stacy. Dont know of any chili shops but maybe you do.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
You peep the Stacy Bullet twin as well?

I think one can be found in CA OTR, just need to find the right shop.

havent heard much about the Chili round twin but looks similar to the Stacy. Dont know of any chili shops but maybe you do.
Proof Lab in Mill Valley only has a 5'6 (28.6L) in stock right now. The Stacy's tail is more pulled in and the Fire Chief is about a 1/4" wider at similar volumes.

Reactions: sdsrfr

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Well, after some thinking the Cole twin pin looks interesting. Anywhere on the west coast I could get my hands on one?
Hit up email on the MC site and they will direct you to rep who is in Cali pretty sure. If there is one stocked here he will be best resource
Been eying the same but torn between that and the hybrid, and the shorty. None of the stock dims are for what I want unfortunately, I am personally good ATM in the mid length category but envisioning a shorter version like 6'8 in my dims.. Hopefully you have a match somewhere! Would be nice to see one in person to get a feeling for stock rails/rocker.

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Hit up email on the MC site and they will direct you to rep who is in Cali pretty sure. If there is one stocked here he will be best resource
Been eying the same but torn between that and the hybrid, and the shorty. None of the stock dims are for what I want unfortunately, I am personally good ATM in the mid length category but envisioning a shorter version like 6'8 in my dims.. Hopefully you have a match somewhere! Would be nice to see one in person to get a feeling for stock rails/rocker.
Moondoggies in SLO use to have MC otr..

Reactions: chilly1