Master shapers to buy a board while you can list...

Hullman

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 29, 2005
Liddle retired so if you've got one with his signature on it, you might want to put it in a bag or on the wall. Or not. Kirk Putnam and Anderson have scanned a few of Greg's originals and sell them with Liddle's blessing...(and his logo).

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Gotta Greg Liddle, and a Hilbers. I'd like an Andreini to complete the hull trifecta.
I rode a MP from Hilbers until it fell apart I got off of cl. I tried to order another but Hilbers was hard to find and when he finally did answer my email I had already ordered from Malcom. Malcom and Reidel are the two shapers I get boards from now and keep ordering thinking could be last:)))...

Reactions: johnson7

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
I rode a MP from Hilbers until it fell apart I got off of cl. I tried to order another but Hilbers was hard to find and when he finally did answer my email I had already ordered from Malcom. Malcom and Reidel are the two shapers I get boards from now and keep ordering thinking could be last:)))...
I have a microdirt that I like to ride when the waves call for it. Always wanted an MP or a Hot Generation, but I heard Hilbers has more or less gone MIA and hasn't been shaping for a little while now.

I picked up a 6'0" Bonzer Egg two years ago. Been my go to around here when the waves are good and would love to add another Bonzer in the mix once I get through grad school.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I have a microdirt that I like to ride when the waves call for it. Always wanted an MP or a Hot Generation, but I heard Hilbers has more or less gone MIA and hasn't been shaping for a little while now.

I picked up a 6'0" Bonzer Egg two years ago. Been my go to around here when the waves are good and would love to add another Bonzer in the mix once I get through grad school.
My next is going to be MC speed egg to replace my MP.....still not sure size yet? My MP was 6'10" rode great from knee to OH+ but may go 6'3" egg.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
The thing is, I been looking at the desert storm step up version since both you and Maz were talking about it. It sparked my memory to check his boards out after seing one at my local.

My trip to Sumbawa is postponed until further notice... so got some time to find the step up I love.

Not that either of them would be used much where I am, but since you’re an ex-Sunny Coaster, which do you reckon would work at Wurtulla best on those very rare occasions?

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
The thing is, I been looking at the desert storm step up version since both you and Maz were talking about it. It sparked my memory to check his boards out after seing one at my local.

My trip to Sumbawa is postponed until further notice... so got some time to find the step up I love.

Not that either of them would be used much where I am, but since you’re an ex-Sunny Coaster, which do you reckon would work at Wurtulla best on those very rare occasions?
I'll let fr76 answer your question, but will just chime in from my angle. The DS goes much better in less than epic conditions than a Protow. But not much goes as well as a Protow in epic conditions.

Reactions: Chocki and waxfoot

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I'll let fr76 answer your question, but will just chime in from my angle. The DS goes much better in less than epic conditions than a Protow. But not much goes as well as a Protow in epic conditions.
The Webster Napalm is also on the shortlist... I want them all :)

Wurtulla hey...You're just around the corner from me.
whereabouts are you?
ps: Granites was good today, handfull of crew out too!

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
The Webster Napalm is also on the shortlist... I want them all :)

whereabouts are you?
ps: Granites was good today, handfull of crew out too!
Surfed Granite yesterday early. Work today. Out the back of Maroochydore since Covid forced a housing adjustment. Maroochydore-Alex or Pitta or thereabouts is where I'm usually surfing.

Last edited:
Reactions: waxfoot