*** Official Fin Thread ***

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
been eyeing these for awhile and decided to pull the trigger to check em out:

I was a late bloomer and didn't grow til late junior in highschool I went from 5'4/5'5' to 5'11 in months. Anyway, my two best friends were 6'2 and 6'4" and they used to tell me the average height for a male was 6'1. Used to **** me off lol.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
pretty sure avg height in US is 5'9. 5'10 if you narrow to CA.

anyone try the Futures AMK in something not like the fish beard, more like a trad fish?
I ran them in my Stamps Banjo. I like them. Lots of drivey keel goodness but they release a bit better and don't get stuck on a track like some more traditional keels sometimes do.

Reactions: sdsrfr

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
been eyeing these for awhile and decided to pull the trigger to check em out:

I was a late bloomer and didn't grow til late junior in highschool I went from 5'4/5'5' to 5'11 in months. Anyway, my two best friends were 6'2 and 6'4" and they used to tell me the average height for a male was 6'1. Used to **** me off lol.
I've got a set of those in honeycomb. Solid template. Reminds me a bit of the FCS Accelerator template. I think Allan Gibbons recommended them to me years ago.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
stocked. yeah that's what I was thinking. we'll see how they go. plus they're glass :love:
Can’t wait to hear about those “effortless cutbacks” and how you’re “flowing with power” now!
Let us know. I think I’d like those too. Accelerator fin is about as raked as I get. Really liked all the TA fins I’ve had- good quality and nice clean look. In contrast to those TPatterson fins someone posted... fugly, IMO.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Can’t wait to hear about those “effortless cutbacks” and how you’re “flowing with power” now!
Let us know. I think I’d like those too. Accelerator fin is about as raked as I get. Really liked all the TA fins I’ve had- good quality and nice clean look. In contrast to those TPatterson fins someone posted... fugly, IMO.
+1 on TA fins. every set I've had has been great quality

MACSAN

Nep status
Sep 5, 2009
How about the Futures Ando blackstix? Anyone around 160 lbs. tried them? I'm looking for a large fin (on the low end of the large range) for a wider tail small wave board.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
How about the Futures Ando blackstix? Anyone around 160 lbs. tried them? I'm looking for a large fin (on the low end of the large range) for a wider tail small wave board.
ya I got a set. they are pretty balanced feeling. not too raked or upright. a bit flexy but should be alright at your weight. i like them but I'm kinda heavy now for the flexy blackstix fins and I still have kind of a love/hate relationship with the inside foil fins.

another one to checkout would be the Roberts Generation fins if you can find them.

Reactions: bigglesworth

MACSAN

Nep status
Sep 5, 2009
ya I got a set. they are pretty balanced feeling. not too raked or upright. a bit flexy but should be alright at your weight. i like them but I'm kinda heavy now for the flexy blackstix fins and I still have kind of a love/hate relationship with the inside foil fins.

another one to checkout would be the Roberts Generation fins if you can find them.
Thanks Aruka. Is there a fin you haven’t tried?

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

Lohena

OTF status
Oct 30, 2019
Check out the video below on a description of “new” fins designed with a wide base and narrow tip. It’s an old video, but a fairly new concept to me. I have the OG Jordy’s and Roberts in futures that fit that description. They seem to have somewhat counteracting design features, such as wide base, base moved forward, lots of rake, and thin tips.

what is everyone’s views on these and what they work best for?