Master shapers to buy a board while you can list...

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Dick Brewer
Thats what I was thinking. If he’s still shaping. Rennie Yater is still moving. Maybe McTavish. The holy grail. A Greenough spoon. Fat chance. Malcolm isn’t going to be doing this forever. Rusty? Steve Lis. Skip. Greg Liddell. Maurice Cole. Oh wait. The rarest of the rare. Toby!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chocki and JDJ

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
It’s like an investment portfolio. You have short term plays, longer term plays, sure things, speculative buys...

Sadly I believe you are too late for your custom Aipa stinger. 2nd generation carrying that torch.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Maurice Cole EEV shorty was just this, though not to put Maurice in the exact same age category as some of these guys.
He’s top of my list for sure. Very approachable too. I was so close to getting a protow made plus I’d never heard a good enough answer that I emailed him and asked what the difference was b/w thrusters and quads.

“Thrusters for hacks, quads for barrels”

Ive heard his boards are not for everyone.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
He’s top of my list for sure. Very approachable too. I was so close to getting a protow made plus I’d never heard a good enough answer that I emailed him and asked what the difference was b/w thrusters and quads.

“Thrusters for hacks, quads for barrels”

Ive heard his boards are not for everyone.
Maurice's Protows are something else. freeride76 has a very nice one (6'4?), and I had a 6'3. It was one of the fastest, sharpest, most demanding and rewarding boards I've ever had, but deep concaves (almost 1") and sharp rails nose to tail were not the easiest in our choppy, imperfect conditions. In cleaner conditions they fly.

I should have held onto it, and I would love to order a modern Reverse Vee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aardwolf and Chocki