Nagging Elbow Tendinitis.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Been dealing with a nagging case of tendinitis on the inside of my left elbow for 9 months now since hurting it doing pull ups at the gym. Pain runs from the funny bone towards my middle and ring finger.

Thankfully it doesn't affect surfing because pushing motions don't hurt it.....only pulling or lifting.

I can calm it down with anti-inflamatories but as soon as I lift or pull something heavy its like starting over. A 15 mg Meloxicam tablet takes away the pain for a day or two. Any suggestions to get past this? 9 months is a long time.......or is it for something like this.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise

You can use gymnastics rings too

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
[/QUOTE]
So he hurt his elbow doing pull-ups and the solution is more pull ups? All I took away from the article was ways to try and keep working out when your elbow hurts.

I looked into SS. I’d heard of Ripp before. I’ll admit he knows his stuff when it comes to lifting weights.

What I saw was a cookie cutter barbell program (when all you have is a hammer…) that does nothing to address athleticism.

It also looked shoot my self in the head boring aka not fun.

Why place all that stress on your body when all it gets you is better at lifting a barbell?

“What I love about this style of training is the dramatic improvement I’ve seen in so many people’s lives…

Men (and women) in their 30s and 40s who finally stopped hurting after years of self-abusive style lifting. Men in their 60s and 70s finding the fountain of youth through improved athletic movement. I’ve seen people in their 20s skyrocket their strength AND feel better at the same time by doing LESS LIFTING and more PLAYING.

You’ll see that a lot of the best ways to improve these qualities are just games. They make the movement more fun and engaging. If you came to my gym, Ambition Athletics, you would probably be confused by how often everyone is smiling DURING the workout.

This is quite the opposite of many gyms where people’s faces are actually filled with pain and anguish.” Max Shank

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
did you read the article? It won’t heal unless he reaggravates it. It needs to get inflamed to create healing response. He can use gymnastic rings too!

rings ftw!
I read the article. Ripp developed the method working with race horses? The goal of working with race horses is to get them back on the track and making $ asap and when that is no longer possible if they’re lucky it’s stud/broodmare time otherwise it’s a one way trip to the glue/dog food factory.

Pain is your body’s signal to stop doing something.

Any tool can be used incorrectly.

Reactions: Havoc

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
During the acute phase you need to rest....you're past that.

Now is the time to find a comfortable amount of external resistance that you can add to comfortably move the joint through this resistance 30 or 40 times, times 3. It can be anything.

As the feelz get better, add resistance and lower the rep range.

9 months is too long to let something go. You now have tendonitis. It's going to take TIME and EFFORT to fix it. Be patient.

.....or google the Starr protocol and apply the concepts to your injury.

Never use ice....you need to heat it up and keep it moving.

In the meantime you should use this time to get stronger overall to reduce your chance of soft tissue injuries in the future. The very best and most efficient way to do this is with a barbell performing the squat, the deadlift, and bench and overhead press.....but f you hate doing that go find whatever implement you desire that will build adherence to a strength program.

Isolating muscle groups is a waste of time unless you really are a fan of the Jersey Shore.

Mobility anything is bullshit and people who profess the magic of mobility movements should be ignored. You want proof. Move you elbow...it will go from full flexion to full extension...You just cured your mobility issues, now work on the discomfort.

• Dislike
Reactions: Chocki and Havoc

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Mobility anything is bullshit and people who profess the magic of mobility movements should be ignored.
Thank you for revealing the true depths of your ignorance when it comes to anything beyond barbells. I went and checked out Barbell Medicine. First thing I saw was the pathetic attempt to sell their proprietary blends of magic beans combined with snake oil (but they’ve been designed by Dr. Jordan Feigenbaum lol). Seems to me like the good Dr is interested in what’s in people’s wallets more than anything else. Because you will never convince me anyone promoting their own line of supplements is anything more than a grifter without any integrity otherwise they’d be forced to admit that there’s nothing special about their magic beans and snake oils and certainly unable to justify the cost.

After that all I saw in the toolbox was a hammer. And when all you have is a hammer, all you see is nails.

The proof is in the pudding and you know better than anyone that you can’t ignore what Max is doing and it bums you out. Oh well. Unless strict barbell training is as effective as you say it is and someone affiliated with Barbell Medicine can do all the stuff Max can? Maybe Dr Jordan? Or are you him?

More things for you to ignore lol.

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg bro

Also Fwiw I used to be an NSCA CSCS just so you know where I’m coming from.

Free your mind and your ass will follow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Autoprax

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Thank you for revealing the true depths of your ignorance when it comes to anything beyond barbells. I went and checked out Barbell Medicine. First thing I saw was the pathetic attempt to sell their proprietary blends of magic beans combined with snake oil (but they’ve been designed by Dr. Jordan Feigenbaum lol). Seems to me like the good Dr is interested in what’s in people’s wallets more than anything else. Because you will never convince me anyone promoting their own line of supplements is anything more than a grifter without any integrity otherwise they’d be forced to admit that there’s nothing special about their magic beans and snake oils and certainly unable to justify the cost.

After that all I saw in the toolbox was a hammer. And when all you have is a hammer, all you see is nails.

The proof is in the pudding and you know better than anyone that you can’t ignore what Max is doing and it bums you out. Oh well. Unless strict barbell training is as effective as you say it is and someone affiliated with Barbell Medicine can do all the stuff Max can? Maybe Dr Jordan? Or are you him?

More things for you to ignore lol.

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg bro

Also Fwiw I used to be an NSCA CSCS just so you know where I’m coming from.

Free your mind and your ass will follow.
I don't know who Max is but stupid human tricks aren't my thing. What is he doing that is so important? Youtubing?:roflmao:

Barbell Medicine offers programming and coaching services for competitive powerlifting and CrossFit athletes as well as some athletes in other sports. They offer coaching and nutrition services to anyone who wants to become stronger/healthier and also offer downloadable excel sheet based training templates for anyone who wants to use one. Theres a free message board for anyone to use which is actively used daily by Dr Feigenbaum and Dr Baraki for training advice, questions, etc. You can ask questions, challenge their methods, question their theories etc and they will engage with you for as long as you like. They also sell competitively priced Whey and vegan Protein made in a certified lab, which isn't that easy to find nowadays. They also tell you to go to Costco if there is one nearby and get it there first because it's cheaper. Thats what I do. Are these magic beans? On top of that they have both published peer reviewed papers and studies that are used and cited on "up to date" among other medical journals and research tools. They also work with the US Military on pain management and task specific training in order to get soldiers trained and if injured, back to work safely and quickly.

Does you NSCA CSCS certification help you get blown by dudes in the mens room at the local globogym? Because it's otherwise worthless as shown by every post you've made on this board. Non regulated fee based certifications are the biggest "magic beans" in sports and training....but at least you get a col t-shirt when you're done.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Here's the official/ NSCA Summer 2020 publication.

How many ads and magic beans can you count?:roflmao:

The NCSA was 100% designed to come up with some type of standard to allow trainers to get insurance. That's it.

• Haha