***Official FIRES thread***

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
It’s alarming how many of these fires are at 0% containment. I guess they’re letting them run their course before threatening homes. No need to risk firefighter lives. Iceman thank you! You guys are badass.
don’t have the resources to stop it. priority is evacuating, then trying to save houses as it comes through. Can’t fly aircraft because the smoke it so bad.

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
don’t have the resources to stop it. priority is evacuating, then trying to save houses as it comes through. Can’t fly aircraft because the smoke it so bad.
That’s what I figured. Strong work! Thank you to you and some of my bro’s working with you.

Reactions: the janitor

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
No fires in Humboldt (knockingonwood) but all of our Calfire resources are drawn down heavily. I'm a volunteer chief here in our community with old equipment and we're even being asked to cover Calfire stations locally. Which we're not going to do because we've got 35 sq miles of our own to cover. But we'd go if something popped up. Luckily we got missed by the lightning event.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Sad for sure. Can’t go back for at least 2 weeks! Hang in there, at least he’ll be safe.
All those killer foresty places like Big Basin state park, etc. getting hammered by these fires. Not good.

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
Trees will survive. Lost my science camp(camp hammer). Lots of folks from the San Lorenzo valley that aren’t in tuned to reality. Way too many tweakers rambling on about conspiracy sh!t right now.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Damn, buddy just got the mandatory evacuation notice for almost all of Carmel Valley. He says his neighbors are staying, I told him to split, not worth it. Tough decisions to be made.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Damn, buddy just got the mandatory evacuation notice for almost all of Carmel Valley. He says his neighbors are staying, I told him to split, not worth it. Tough decisions to be made.
Agreed, I've been though a lot of brush fires. If the fire department can't stop it, neither can you. Grab the hard drive, pets, family, and run

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Where’s Leaverite! Where you at? Hopefully you’re safe!

Makes it hard to decide to leave if you can’t go back for a couple weeks...
It's been a trying week. Our house is just outside the mandatory evacution zone. We're on the east side of Hwy 17. Everything on the west side of 17 has been evacuated.

There are two RV's parked in the driveway right now. Both friends/family who have evacuated. One lived off of Bear Creek rd. He snuck back into the evac zone on Thursday and found his home was still there. Everything around it was burned. The other family lived in Ben Lomond. They were not so lucky. They found out yesterday afternoon their house was gone.

There are only about 1100 fire fighters working on this blaze. Some out of state crews are starting to trickle in but there should be 10X the current number of personnel to work a fire this size.

• Sad
Reactions: JBerry and jkb

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
The other fire that really svcks is the Dolan fire down in Big Sur. Started in the vicinity of Escalen. Now up to 14,000 acres. All of the condor sanctuary in peril.

They caught the asshole who started this one. A guy from Fresno. Arson. $2 million dollar bail.

They should have hog tied him and staked him out in front of the blaze.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: JBerry

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
The other fire that really svcks is the Dolan fire down in Big Sur. Started in the vicinity of Escalen. Now up to 14,000 acres. All of the condor sanctuary in peril.

They caught the asshole who started this one. A guy from Fresno. Arson. $2 million dollar bail.

They should have hog tied him and staked him out in front of the blaze.
was it accidental stupid campfire wreckless or son of Satan evil wants to ruin the few beautiful things we can share?