what do u people do for a living. wax dryl aruka etc?

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Yeah for the amount of work I’m surprised guys aren’t doing more vac bagged stuff to make them last. $750 for a clear poly disposable board. So much effort goes into the shape and build, why not make them more durable for the consumer as well as prolonging the board as a testament to the builders effort.
Most board builders are making close to squat. Making durable, long lasting boards would basically work them out of a job. But then again, Wavestorms seem to be doing ok.

Reactions: JDJ

JaM71

OTF status
Jul 12, 2013
GC, Australia
When I stopped drinking (unless on vacation) 7 years ago, I told myself I'd buy myself a new board every 3-4 months as an incentive. That's about the amount that I'd spend on booze before. I still get about 3-4 boards a year, but I also buy a lot of second hand boards. Also, no kids, yet.
I am trying to make it through 2020 riding the boards that I have and not ordering a custom until January 2021- I have taken up drinking to compensate lol

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
buying all these surfboards what do u do for work? u guys spending like 15000-20k yr on brds with shipping and bootiq glassjobs. sh!t.

You could make a case for a lot of things. I'm sitting here wondering how you guys can afford housing in california or taxes in NJ but I guess we all make choices about life, toys, spending, and saving . 4K a year on surfboards, or going out to dinner. Ever think about how much people spend on starbuck or going out to lunch at work? it's all craziness.

like on the highway, everyone else is either going too fast or too slow.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I have local shop I used to buy their espresso all the time, which when done correctly really cannot be replicated at home. Have tapered off but that was more lifestyle/schedule change.

paying $2 for drip that has been sitting all morning is a giant SMH.

Reactions: Havoc and JDJ

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I get Starbucks as a treat maybe once or twice a wk. Make my own at home. Peats 20oz for $10 for 3 weeks of coffe multiple cups a day. Cray ppl with multiple lattes a day and chit.

Reactions: ChaseTMP